RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] [HELP] NEED FANTASY IMAGES AND RESOURCES

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I figured this would be a good place to ask, seeing as how a lot of you probably know exactly what I'm looking for.

I need a bunch of really epic, highly-detailed, Medieval-esque, and 'free to use' (but nobody will know, so who cares) fantasy backdrops and landscape pictures. Preferably stuff like huge fields, or forests, or maybe a few towers and castles off in the far distance. Volcanoes, huge bridges. Stuff you'd see in Oblivion or Morrowind, or Final Fantasy games (Medieval setting ones).

And it must have that 'professional' sheen to it, I don't want somebody's crappy Bryce 3D work.

I need these for my upcoming recital, because I'm making a video to go along with my 1st symphony.

So, stuff like this:
http://fantasyartdesign.com/free-wallpapers/imgs/mid/29Bryxeland-m82.jpg
would be perfect if it were better resolution.

This:
http://www.findamuralist.com/mural_images/thumbnails/110_fantasy%20castle.jpg
would be perfect if it were more detailed, and less hazy.

This:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Neuschwanstein_Castle_LOC_print_rotated.jpg
Is fantastic. I can use that, but I want to find something darker, more contemplative.

So, please, any websites you know of, or even specific pictures, or ever ones you made yourself, post them and I'll use them!

And I'll upload the video with sound so you guys can check it out later.

PLEASE HELP.

THANKS.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:34:01 PM by boe »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'll look for ya man. Just check back later in this post, i'll edit it with stuff.

~K, I found a lot, now I'm just editing a few and uploading.

Spoiler for 1:
Spoiler for 2:
Spoiler for 3:
Spoiler for 4:
Spoiler for 5:
Spoiler for 6:
Spoiler for 7:
Spoiler for 8:
Spoiler for 9:
Spoiler for 10:
Spoiler for 11:
Spoiler for 12:
Spoiler for 13:
Spoiler for 14:
Spoiler for 15:
Spoiler for 16:

I kinda like 15 the most ._.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:53:21 AM by grafikal009 »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Wow, those are all awesome. Thanks a lot, man.

If any of you find any more, please post them. I have 12 and a half minutes of music to fill up. :x

edit: By the way, most of those were photographs, or very realistic looking, which is cool, but pictures that are clearly CG or hand-drawn will work well, too. They'll be filtered or a little blurry, so nobody will notice discrepancies between the two.

Or maybe they will, and I'll use that to emphasize the music, who knows.

But yeah, thanks for you help, you have no idea how much I appreciate this.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:15:13 PM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile: