RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well, I was thinking Mystic could change colors.  If you can get it to work, I have all of them done, just need to save them all (which will take a minute or two).  If you can't figure out how to animate enemies, then I can redo the Mystic Fairy in a way where it only uses 1 image ... Though, I can't seem to think of an easy color scheme for it.

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Maybe it's rainbow colored somehow in a neato way? *Shrugs* But yeah, can't really do that in here at all methinks.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
The issue with rainbow colored would mean I would have to completely redo the shading and color it just right, making it a lot harder.

Rep:
Level 85
That is true...hard to think of what else would work with Mystic at all. It's supposed to be the Advanced Element (then again, Gravity and Poison are considered Advanced too. I guess Mystic is the highest class of Advance in the game since you can't change resistances against it and is purely based on the target's natural resistance).

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
(Excluding Mystic for now)
These are the Fairies that I have, let me know what you think and if you want me to redo any with a different type of color.  I recolored their clothes and eyes.  For the Light fairy, I gave her a gray color for eyes and a faint yellow for clothes. (couldn't think of a very good eye color that matched, but didn't look pure white and bad)

Fairy Sprites:
Spoiler for:
Fire Fairy

Ice Fairy

Lightning/Thunder Fairy

Earth Fairy

Shadow Fairy

Light Fairy

Water Fairy

Wind Fairy

Poison Fairy

Gravity Fairy

Rep:
Level 85
I wonder if the Gravity one shouldn't have a greyer color to it to make it easier to tell it apart from the Shadow one (it probably wasn't a good idea for me to use the Zombie Fairy sprite for the Shadow Fairy when the others all use the normal/Greater Fairy sprites).

Likewise, I wonder if Ice shouldn't be lighter or Water shouldn't be darker to differentiate them a bit more too. Hmmmm.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I think I can alter the saturation on the Ice Fairy and make it a lighter color.  For the Gravity Fairy, I made it ... A Grayish color that looks a bit purple.  If you look at them enlarged (which I imagine they will be a bit) there is a defined difference in the appearance of the two, as it looks noticeably more purple than the Shadow one.  However, my laptop is acting up, so I can't edit them right now ... have to let it cool down a little before I make any changes, so give suggestions in the mean time :)

Also, I would like a reply on the Gravity one with the color scheme I used in mind, instead if having it pure gray.  I don't feel Gray matches "gravity" as much as a purple-gray color does.

Rep:
Level 85
A mix of black/gray with purple does fit better (thinking of the Gravity spell in Kingdom Hearts since that's the game I've been playing the most recently. KH1/2, not DDD). Maybe it's the purple part that needs darker then and gray lighter? Hmmm....

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Maybe I should dissolve the gray a bit more, so you can see that there is purple in it.

Rep:
Level 85
I am looking at it at the normal size it is (was it that size in the monster folder? I know in the game itself it's like a lot larger. Gotta love how 2k3 resizes sprites @_@; ), so that might be affecting how I see it yeah. It's hard to tell how purple the purple is compared to say, Poison Fairy there. Then again, Poison Fairy is much much brighter too so there's that @_@

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
The size the fairy's are are the same size that the Fairy was in the Monster folder.  You should see it in an image viewer and increase the size of it to see the difference.  Have some of them side-by-side and you will be able to see the difference.

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, I see the purple now in the Gravity one now. That should be fine I think then, nvm lol. So that just leaves the Ice/Water Fairy then to make a bit more noticeably different, right?

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yeah, I will modify the Ice Fairy in a bit.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
I think the gravity fairy should have a mix of Purple and Blue!
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
why Purple and blue?

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
I've seen gravity based attacks take the KH one for example... There was a small mix of Black, Purple and Blue if you look carefully... If you know how to make a palette out of that! You can surely make a brilliant elemental fairy!

http://www.khwiki.net/Gravity
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
Oh hey, it does have an image of Gravity from that game lol. Yeah, that's what I was thinking for the palette (it's better than FF's palette which is mostly black).

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Alright, so now I have redone the following Fairies, and added a non-animated Mystic Fairy.  Let me know what you think.

Spoiler for:
Fire Fairy (I didn't care too much about how it came out the first time ... I did it a bit lazy that time.)

Ice Fairy

Gravity Fairy

Mystic Fairy

Also, try to remember ... I'm not a spriter ... I'm a coder, so don't expect it to look professional or perfect ... but I will try to get it as close as possible to what you want.

Rep:
Level 85
Those should work for now I believe. And of course, I know how that is as I'm just a coder and not a spriter myself.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Let me know if you need anything else done.  I can't really "make" sprites, but I can recolor them, etc. ... I feel like I did a good enough job on these ones.

Rep:
Level 85
The only things that those sprites would need are the different wings, but that's a whole ballpark in its own. And that's if I decide to stick to these and not use something else. The joys of a game...and decisions decisions decisions :S

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Ehh ... I figured they would be mainly used as filler sprites till you get better ones.  Though, if you do decide to keep them, that would be awesome.

Rep:
Level 85
IF I ever get better ones that is. I'd have to find someone to do custom sprites or something, and that'll never happen cuz I have terrible luck with getting help most of the time ;_;

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
it's not my fault my computer decided to be mean!! D:

Rep:
Level 85
I never said it was! I was referring to getting help from other people that hasn't been helping already is what I meant! >_<