RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
So you like it? Do you have any suggestions for it?

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Not that I can think of right now. Doing a circular type wing would be pretty hard I would think (don't think that'd be as good as this though...who knows?).

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I don't think you can really do a "circular" wing ... maybe an oval wing or a rounded wing ...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I still need an example of "string wings" for the wind fairy ...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
The Poison Fairy is complete.  I went with a similar approach as the Gravity Fairy.  The differences are it's in more of a wing shape and they are designed more like "spheres", so they are round in all directions.  The Gravity fairy's wings are designed as "rings" so they are only round if you look directly at them.  As always, let me know what you think.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Earth fairy is done.  I went with the branch-like wings as suggested.  Let me know what you think.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
For those who are wondering what may have happened to the videos on my account or my account in general, I am currently trying to get it unsuspended. The reason why it was suspended from what I can gather is something to do with bots, of which I have never used, so trying to clear that up to them SOMEHOW...I'd rather not reupload 3000 some videos again and lose everything that I had...

In terms of the game though, all that's left is half of the elements for Sakuya and I'm done with the Weapon Bless coding. Can still use some more testers for anyone interested in trying to help with fixing the game up more. Don't worry, the beta1 dungeons will be redone eventually, so hopefully the maps aren't super huge...

@jjwebb: Both look swell, especially the Poison Fairy. Definitely fits the element at hand with the wings. Sorry for the late reply, didn't realize I got any messages here for some reason...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
you probably ignored a message ... if you don't sign back on, it will only send you 1 message for the post that was made after you last logged off/left the site, so every other one isn't registered. And thank you ... I had trouble with the Earth one as is, and I don't feel it's that great, honestly ... I like the poison one much better ...

Rep:
Level 85
The Earth one I can imagine is hard enough to do (notwithstanding trying to get shading right and whatnot). Leaf wings do seem to be the best way to handle any Earth type fairy since leaves are generally associated with Earth, but I digress. The Poison one just LOOKS like it would be Poison because of how the wings are. It's rather reminiscent of the common Poison spell is probably why.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yeah, I tried using Tera's advice as well as my own imaging of how it should look ... I've gotta say, the small space is a HUGE handicap to making these wings.  I was wondering if I was going to be able to add as much detail as I wanted to the poison fairy's wings (which luckily I was able to do). Unfortunately I couldn't add all the detail I wanted to the Earth Fairy's wings (I wanted to add leaves, but there isn't enough space).

Rep:
Level 85
You can always expand the canvas a bit since the image size for monsters can be bigger than what I normally have. If you look in the Touhou Fantasy monster folder, I BELIEVE the largest size you can go is either the size of the Four Fiends (Lich, Marilith, Kraken, and Tiamat) or Hades. Just be sure that if you go THAT big, you resize the canvas or crop to be around the sprite so that the cursor isn't like a bajillion yards away from the sprite.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Yeah, but I have no clue what that would do when it comes to the centering of the sprites, etc.

Rep:
Level 85
You just have to make sure that the borders of the canvas are around the sprite itself to make sure it's centered, that's all. Basically, what you see on the sprites right now is what you should aim for when cropping the sprite to fit with the canvas or vice versa.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I'm still not fully sure on how to do the other ones... I like the current wings for the Ice Fairy, though ...

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, that will be quite a challenge to do anything with the others, I can understand that. I do think star-shaped wings would fit the Mystic Fairy the best though...sounds like a very Mystic thing

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I think aurora-type wings are more suiting, as they are more mystic ... but would have no clue how to do them.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
This one I feel like I didn't do as well on ... I tried going with an oval-ish wing here.  Let me know what you guys think.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
It could be because it's lacking in watery-ness, if that makes sense. Maybe lighter colors on the wings? Hmmm...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
explain what you mean.

Rep:
Level 85
Like, the only best way I can describe it is to take a look at the Water Cirno. I don't know how else TO describe it @_@;;

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
^ that's the problem with not asking artist for advice x-x  .... guess I'm on my own for fixing it ... at least for now ...

Rep:
Level 85
I used to be an artist somewhat to a degree. It just feels that it's not...transparent enough, I believe...to feel like Water. I know that transparency isn't going to work very well in RPG Maker at all because of how it works, but that should explain more of what I mean. That, and it doesn't feel "bubbly", like how a water bubble would look, which is what I'd think the wing would probably seem like. Think of a small puddle of water.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I tried doing a bit of "bubbly" but that didn't quiet work well ... I'ma try it again.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Attempt #2 at the Water Fairy ...

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
That actually looks more like a water-type wing~ Could use more improvements, but save that for a spriter since those are more technical. Still not bad~