RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST/HELP] Many Questions (RM2K3)

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
I will ask more questions as I progress.

1. How do I put icons beside "Start", "Load", and "Quit" on the Title Screen?

2. How do I make a lightning striking the ground effect?

3. How do I make an AVI Movie happen when I click Start/New Game on the Title Screen?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:55:38 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm...

1)  I don't think that the first one is possible, except you might be able to cheat and place the icons on the image you have for the title. I.e., for the picture you are using as a title screen, place the icons on that where the start, load, quit options are. King Anesis might know a better way, as he uses 2k3

2) Easiest way would be to make a blank event on the square you want the lightning to hit and use the Show Battle Animation command (2nd page, 2nd column, 9th row, and set it on that event. If you wanted to add a burn effect (like the lightning blackened the ground, edit your tileset to include a square which is a replica of the regular ground square, as well as one with a burn mark. Then on the square you want the lightning to hit, place the replicated tile instead of the regular tile. Then when the lightning hits, do a switch chip and switch the replica tile with the burn tile

3) Set up an Auto Start event in the first map which has the command Play Movie in it.

Rep:
Level 87
Number 1 is possible. Ara Fell has it. I can show you the Title Screen if you want. Also, I have alot of trouble with Auto Start Events. Once they start, they never stop, even with the Stop Event Command.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
don't use stop event
turn them off with variables and switches

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's possible he did it the way I described. You can't directly modify the scripts in 2k3. I'm downloading now to see.

EDIT: 
He used RM2k3 Message codes. Find the list here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,18.0.html

So, go to the place where you edit what it says for those options (String Page 5), and put the message code before the word. (For example: $BQuit Game would show a shield icon in front of "Quit Game"). I thought you meant coloured icons, like the ones for skills and stuff in XP. I forgot that they don't exist in 2k3.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:15:06 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
Alright. Thanks Modern Algebra. NAMKCOR, could you please show me an example?

Rep:
Level 87
More questions.

1. How do I turn off an Auto Start Event with Variables and Switches?

2. Is there a way to make a different monster defeated Animation? Like, how Final Bosses in Final Fantasy Games usually fade out in a different way.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
More questions.

1. How do I turn off an Auto Start Event with Variables and Switches?

2. Is there a way to make a different monster defeated Animation? Like, how Final Bosses in Final Fantasy Games usually fade out in a different way.

1. Make an event at the end of what supposed to happen that activates a switch , and a new page .. well basicly make a switch on the end and a new page that turns on with the switch

2.Not sure

Rep:
Level 87
Man, I still don't get how to end Auto Start Events.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Okay, i'll give you a described example of how to use switches.

1- In any map, let's use a house, create a new event, i'll refer to this one as E1 from now on, and set it to Auto-Start.
2- Now create a new event  for where we want our NPC to spawn, just place in front of a door or steps, don't set an image for it.
3- In E1, create a "Move Event" command, change the image of NPC to make him visible, and then create some movement commands to make him go to you.
4- Make him say something, and again set some movement commands to get him out of sight.
5- In E1, create a new switch and turn it on, also, call the switch "CONVO1" or something, anything that you'd like, it doesn't matter.
6- Now, in E1 again, create a new page, and on the left hand side, in the "Preconditions" menu, check one of the Switch boxes, and select "CONVO1" or whatever you called it. Make sure the image is blank and now make him "Below Hero" in the Event Layer, so you don't get stopped by his invisible sprite.

There, a basic guideline on what you need to do with Auto-Start events. So when you test play, walk into the house, and this short scene will automatically happen, and will end without any eternal loops.

Rep:
Level 87
I know how to use Switches, just not how to stop an Auto Event with an AVI Movie, and you completely lost me in that description. If you made an NPC with a New Event, then how would it be in Event 1? So confusing. Sorry.

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
What are you looking at...Yes im a frog.....*Lick*
I can help with any variable problem If you need help  ^-^ For a lighting effect Make A batle animation Make It strike an event
And then make the screen Turn yellow ATivate a switch So It makes a burn mark on the ground and get rid of the flash effect and Boom It looks like a bolt had struck there

Shot at 2007-07-26

Rep:
Level 87
I can help with any variable problem If you need help  ^-^ For a lighting effect Make A batle animation Make It strike an event
And then make the screen Turn yellow ATivate a switch So It makes a burn mark on the ground and get rid of the flash effect and Boom It looks like a bolt had struck there

Alright. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:26:45 PM by RedKnight »