RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help on several Things

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Okay, most of this is just questions, but some of it is tutuorial requests.

1. Skill shop.  I saw a tutorial where you buy skills using certain stones, but it used conditional branches and options as well as variables.  I would like to know if there was a way you could script in a second currency called "Runes" and make it to where in shop interfaces things could cost either runes or regular money.

2. This goes along with number one, revolving around what I plan for runes to be spent on. In my game, I don't want hte main character to learn skills by leveling up, but instead by taking certain "Celestial Runes" that he buys and taking them to one of several areas marked by a seal known as "Cosmic Seals."  What I want to happen is, if the character has any of these Celestial Runes (there's one for each of the main characters abilities), it will flash and give the character the corresponding skill.  I know how to work this out with conditional branches and such, but is there an easier way?

3. I want to know how to change my title in the game, because the way I tried to do it crashed my game.

4. I also want to know how to change the "New Game" and "Continue" to "Begin New Story" and "Continue Old Story."

That's all for now (even though its alot.)
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
For the "Begin New Story" and "Continue Old Story" parts, I believe you'd have to change some values in the script. But I am not familiar with the script in RMXP, so I can't really tell. This is just a guess.

Good luck!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
For title changing, the way should be you should press "Game" at the top of the screen, near where it says "File" "Edit" "View" and other stuff. From there scroll around and choose the "Change Name" or whatever it says.

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
I know that much, I meant changing the title back ground.
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh. Then, go to Database, System tab and click on that weird side arrow thing next to Title Screen or w/e. Then, choose the resource you want.

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
Thanks, that solves one problem, many many more to go.

Rep:
Level 87
Look for this under Scene_Title
Code: [Select]
   s1 = "New Game"
    s2 = "Continue"
    s3 = "Exit"
Just change what's inside the quotation marks.

Rep:
Level 88
1. Skill shop.  I saw a tutorial where you buy skills using certain stones, but it used conditional branches and options as well as variables.  I would like to know if there was a way you could script in a second currency called "Runes" and make it to where in shop interfaces things could cost either runes or regular money.

Events are lovley for this though I must admit a script to show more than 3 skills and a more option works nice.

you use the item command, fork condition , varibles, message, and cahnge skill , and that should cover that one. yoru a smart lad I am asuming for more information ask in my thread

2. This goes along with number one, revolving around what I plan for runes to be spent on. In my game, I don't want hte main character to learn skills by leveling up, but instead by taking certain "Celestial Runes" that he buys and taking them to one of several areas marked by a seal known as "Cosmic Seals."  What I want to happen is, if the character has any of these Celestial Runes (there's one for each of the main characters abilities), it will flash and give the character the corresponding skill.  I know how to work this out with conditional branches and such, but is there an easier way?

Remove all the class skills and use the change skill in exchange for your rocks or what ever, I suggest using a varible to count how many you have and a fork condition to check to see if they have enough.

3. I want to know how to change my title in the game, because the way I tried to do it crashed my game.

Which title? the GAME name title that appears at the top? or the background title more infomration please

4. I also want to know how to change the "New Game" and "Continue" to "Begin New Story" and "Continue Old Story."

As was mentioned above you can go to the scripts , at scean_title

you'll see
    # Make command window
    s1 = "New Game"
    s2 = "Continue"
    s3 = "Shutdown"
[qupte]

if you wanted the new game to be chnged to  "start journey"  just go  s1 = "start journey"  s2 = "resume journey" s3 = "close game"   

doesn't matter as long as they are in the quotes your fine.
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
still need anything? xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
Kathis, let me reitierate my self on the first two.

One was asking if there was a way to script in a second currency called runes.  Two was asking if there was a way to make this smaller, as I already have worked out how the seal changes celestial runes into skills.  Let me explain what effect I'm trying to acheive.

After a certain point in the game, some enemies, chests, and shops will give you things called Runes, which act the same as the main currency but you can decide which one is used for buying things(I have a common event worked out for buying currency from shops, you buy the item "Rune" in a shop.  A common event with autorun set to activate whenever you have "Rune" in your inventory, and decreases Rune by one and gives you one Rune[the currency.])  You can take these runes to certain shops that sell Celestial Runes(which can be used to gain skills) for runes.  Then, when you want to learn the skill, you go to a Cosmic Seal event that removes all you Celestial Runes and replaces them with skills.  But each Celestial Rune has its own indivisual skill and there are so many skills(it has a character customization system) that it would take me quite a while to write the entire event, so I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Look for this under Scene_Title
Code: [Select]
   s1 = "New Game"
    s2 = "Continue"
    s3 = "Exit"
Just change what's inside the quotation marks.

YAY! I knew it was somewhere around the script! :D

Rep:
Level 88
I still stick with my event method just remember that you can set a varible to count how many rune (currency) the player has. when they use it to purchase something just have a condition branch to see if they have enough it not make a message saying "You don't have enough" or if they do make it do what you want it to do, give them a skill take away x amount of "rune currency" from both their inventory and their variable count.

Most people don't see this because it is has never been an issue with rpg maker series, but you can use gold an an item, and use that variable to do the counting. We don't commonly do this because the rpg maker has one built in. if you want more than 1 currency you kinda have no choice, unless you want to do a lot of scripting, that can crash your game in the gaining gold.

Stick with event's and items, its far more safer and you will know exactly whats happening in your game, Also no one can just get your game swipe the script because it is events and by doing so you ensured that your game is safe from thief, unless they want to spend 4 hours or more backwards engeeing your method.

further more I know this reply is late, I had some life issues to deal with, not saying it's all over, but it's getting back to a calm stage.
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
First of all, reading tutorials in the tutorial database is a good jumpstart for your RM career.
Secondly, add [Resolved] to your topic title if your question is resolved.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.