RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Vagrant (Music)

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Wrote this as a guild theme for a guild named "Vagrant", meaning wanderer. Haven't composed in a long time, and I think this is one of the most successful music of mine.

There are still some parts to be touched up here and there, but it is mainly complete.

2:10 long, composed and played back solely in Finale 2006.

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:48:08 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I can really feel emotion in this song. And the title wander would fit it well.

Edit: Oh and, good work.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its pretty sweet, but it would sound awesome with a better soundfont.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Thanks for the comments!

And as for the soundfont thing, I get that a lot heheh. Any idea how to exchange my default Finale2006 soundfont? I'm kind of a nub at the program still :/

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm not sure, I don't use Finale. I'm sure someone at their forums could help you though.

Rep:
Level 89
Okay, thanks anyways  :)

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
OOOOOoooh.
Question : Where do YOU get your inspiration?

Also, what did you do to improve you composing ability? Any tips percussion-wise? (Finale 2006)

2 more quesitons -
1: How did you get the pitch to bend?
2: What soundfont did you use?

After hearing the whole song two times through, I think the ending could use a little work. (It needs some closure) But I liked it a lot. ^_^
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

lol you use Pitch Bend. You have to click the Articulation icon. Er, no, wait... the one with the slurs and trills, and stuff. Can't think of what it's called, but it's in there.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 89
OOOOOoooh.
Question : Where do YOU get your inspiration?

Also, what did you do to improve you composing ability? Any tips percussion-wise? (Finale 2006)

2 more quesitons -
2: What soundfont did you use?

After hearing the whole song two times through, I think the ending could use a little work. (It needs some closure) But I liked it a lot. ^_^
Heheh, glad you liked it. As for inspirations, I don't know, I'd like to try to think of a tune and follow it when writing but what usually end up happening is that, when I actually start to write it down (and being able to listen to it), it takes a completely new course. So I sort of just follow where the river flows.

I haven't really done that many compositions to be honest, but even then everytime I finish a piece it ends up being better than the last one, usually. So practice is a major factor for sure. However, it seems like I don't get as much out of a new composition in terms of improvement if I write two in one day, as opposed to when I write one then another a week later. I dunno, I guess it just feels more refreshing that way.

I'm using the default Finale 2006 soundfont, and I found that the percussions kinda suck. Especially that some drums are extremely weak. Often, I think the quality can be improved by stacking two similar drums together where it sounds fit. Goes with other instruments too.

Point taken on the ending, heheh. I sort of finished the first part then did the ending 2 weeks later. :x The atmosphere it produces is somewhat different from the first part too, mainly due to that.