RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Questions for those of you with Finished Projects.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hello everyone, I have a few questions for those of you who have gone and finished your projects and even uploaded them and had other people play them.

I am going to start on my game very soon, but at the moment Im am working with writing out the story and finish making all my char sprites, and finding the appropiate face sets.

Well, anyways, on to the questions:

1. First of all, How many people did you have working on your game?--- So far Ive been working solo and Im planning on doing everything on my own. Unless I get my cousin to help me out on things.

2. About how much time did you put on making your game? How long did it take you to finish your project?

3. Is your game long? About how many hours of game play does your game have?--- Would people prefer playing a nice long game, or a short one that gets to the point? I think it all depends on your story line, doesnt it?

4. After you put your game out on a site for others to play, did many people like it? I know this answer depends on the individual's game, but Im just curious. I would hate to spend hours making a game, and have nobody appreciate it.

5. And finally, I simply ask if you have any advice for working on a game.... What motivated you to keep going and not to quit?--- I assume that when making a long game, one might get tired and end up quitting, thinking they will never finish it, or end up having a new idea for a game, and starting all over.

I hope to get started on my game soon, and hopefully people will appreciate my work.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
In worst case my demo will be out at monday evening (I
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Hello everyone, I have a few questions for those of you who have gone and finished your projects and even uploaded them and had other people play them.

I am going to start on my game very soon, but at the moment Im am working with writing out the story and finish making all my char sprites, and finding the appropiate face sets.

Well, anyways, on to the questions:

1. First of all, How many people did you have working on your game?--- So far Ive been working solo and Im planning on doing everything on my own. Unless I get my cousin to help me out on things.

2. About how much time did you put on making your game? How long did it take you to finish your project?

3. Is your game long? About how many hours of game play does your game have?--- Would people prefer playing a nice long game, or a short one that gets to the point? I think it all depends on your story line, doesnt it?

4. After you put your game out on a site for others to play, did many people like it? I know this answer depends on the individual's game, but Im just curious. I would hate to spend hours making a game, and have nobody appreciate it.

5. And finally, I simply ask if you have any advice for working on a game.... What motivated you to keep going and not to quit?--- I assume that when making a long game, one might get tired and end up quitting, thinking they will never finish it, or end up having a new idea for a game, and starting all over.

I hope to get started on my game soon, and hopefully people will appreciate my work.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I haven't exactly finished my game (but I'm close to releasing the demo V1.0) and all I can awnser is number 5:

I look at the quality of other peoples games and think to myself "I wonder when my day will come...." and then realise I turned a switch on the started working on it...dunno if it will work on you but looking at other people's games is really useful (just don't steal their stuff and ideas, other wise they will hate you and you will be flamed)

~Winged

P.S I stole something off someone...won't mention it but everyone shhhh...