RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Infinite Aion (aion private server)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ALRIGHT FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW HOW TO GET THIS UP AND RUNNING.

Step 1:
download the NCSoft Launcher

Step 2:
download Aion through the NCSoft Launcher

Step 3: Download This Folder, and replace your bin32 (in the Aion directory) with it.  This will set your game back to a patch that is compatible with the game server, and also includes a no_ip patch.

Step 3b(optional): Edit version.ini to read
Code: [Select]
[Settings]
Version=1.5.1.9
All this will do is stop an annoying popup that tells you that your game version is incompatible with the servers.

Step 4: put This Launcher in the Aion root folder

Step 5: Load Aion through the new launcher, go to options, and navigate to the aion.bin file.

Step 6: Play Aion.

A WARNING
This is a free server so there -are- bugs sometimes, the game can lock up or disconnect at random but I haven't had any real issues and have played for like 3+ hours straight without an issue.  At worst case, just logout or restart the game and it'll start working again, no big deal.  It's a free server, expect bugs.

More info about the servers can be found at: http://www.infiniteaion.com/
you also need to register on their site (your forum login is the same as your game login)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:05:14 PM by Roph »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
[edit] God damn, 7 gigabytes ._. I'll get it tonight
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah it's fucking huge.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
The launcher only uses one connection so it's slow as balls. Here's the direct link to the main file it's trying to download:

http://206.127.147.194/Aion/Main/Patches/Aion_Main_0.0.0.0To1.5.1.0.ncpatch

Just use a download manager like DownThemAll (use extra connections) to get a sane speed. Put the file in the Aion folder.
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
My computer might be able to run this. I might try it out when I get around to downloading this behemoth. :P

Rep:
Level 102
This piece of shit is taking even longer to install than it did to download :|
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's always fun when things take longer to patch than to install, too (which probably won't be the case since this is a private server, but still). You'd think if they gave you something to download that it'd be up-to-date.