RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GMod Servers

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Alright, since a lot of us play, I was considering getting RMRK its own GMod 10 server.
but, I can't afford it alone, cuz I have my own life to pay for (car, food, gas, etc...)

so...how many here are willing and able to donate on a regular basis to help keep a 8-10 slot GMod server going?
(and/or play Gmod)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I'd be able to donate, probably would do so every now and then. It'd be passworded, for sure. Keep the fages out.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'd be able to donate, probably would do so every now and then. It'd be passworded, for sure. Keep the fages out.

it's fun to troll sometimes, isn't it?

I'll leave it up to you guys though.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'd donate if I had a way to do so.

It'd be better if it were passworded. Servers are always better without the minges, the trolls, and the 10 year olds.

Also, we wouldn't have to have gay limitations since we wouldn't have to worry about server crash attempts.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

It'd be better if it were passworded. Servers are always better without the minges, the trolls, and the 10 year olds.

Also, we wouldn't have to have gay limitations since we wouldn't have to worry about server crash attempts.

I take cash or checks by mail as a form of donation ;)

yeah, we can make it private if we have to, it's not hard.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The way to do so is a job. .-.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

so get a job ya bum  :mad:

Rep:
Level 102

so get a job ya bum  :mad:
I'd need a car and a license. :mad:

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Rep:
Level 102

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you don't mean purchasing a physical server.....do you?

What companies are you looking at / monthly price?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you don't mean purchasing a physical server.....do you?

What companies are you looking at / monthly price?

invision gaming or some shit has 8 slot/10 ventrilo for like $12 a month

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If we kept out all the trolls, then it would just be an empty room.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
If we kept out all the trolls, then it would just be an empty room.
You don't even have GMod :B

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Sure I do, and I rest my case.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:32:51 AM by Holk »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
if your wanting a uk server go for dedifrag.com. £1 a slot + free ventrillo or teamspeak with the number of slots your server has + free webhost(you need to put their banner on or something but lol)

but your probably wanting a us server :(

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I just had to do this. This is from the wiki:

Garry's Mod was created in 2005 by Garry Newman. It started out as a mod that allowed users to rope things to go together, and it made the pistol shoot out manhacks.

isghey
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
if your wanting a uk server go for dedifrag.com. £1 a slot + free ventrillo or teamspeak with the number of slots your server has + free webhost(you need to put their banner on or something but lol)

but your probably wanting a us server :(

yep, need a US server.

So, what's the deal, am I gonna register this bad boy or what?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Not legally atleast, and you better wake that case the fuck up :mad:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
The way my server works is that payment is made through paypal. People can donate to the paypal account using a button etc. its worked out fine for one paying month and we have enough for another month :D.

I would like to recomend addons for the RMRK server :D:

Admin mod(id go with ulx as assmod sucks and newadmin isnt finished)[i have some extra commands ive written for ulx that come in useful]
phx3
wiremod
the unoffical wiremod extras(geekitry but i love this stuff now)

and please dont upload too many nukes

invision gaming is uk i believe

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The way my server works is that payment is made through paypal. People can donate to the paypal account using a button etc. its worked out fine for one paying month and we have enough for another month :D.

I would like to recomend addons for the RMRK server :D:

Admin mod(id go with ulx as assmod sucks and newadmin isnt finished)[i have some extra commands ive written for ulx that come in useful]
phx3
wiremod
the unoffical wiremod extras(geekitry but i love this stuff now)

and please dont upload too many nukes

invision gaming is uk i believe

you guys give me the mods and I'll put them up.

I could get a server in Dallas.

Rep:
Level 94

Not that it matters in a private server. Also, how does one "wake" a case up?

Rep:
Level 97

Not that it matters in a private server. Also, how does one "wake" a case up?
Magic

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
alright, if someone can tell me what 'RCON Password' means, I can get this set up.

Rep:
Level 102

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
give the rcon password only to the top admins. ive given it to 2 other people other than myself and they dont know how to use it :(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
alright.
aside from the 'official gmod servers' ($15 a month) anyone else have suggestions?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

Not that it matters in a private server.

Would you have to connect through steam?

EDIT: I don't have it either, butI'd like to. :P

Rep:
Level 102

You'll need to have purchased Gmod through Steam, and have Steam.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

You'll need to have purchased Gmod through Steam, and have Steam.

I have steam, with the orange box. What I was wondering, is how he "acquired" his copy of GMod and if you could play it on a private server through steam. (Or steamless?)
The private server probably would check to see if it's legit, most don't...but the get around for steam...

Rep:
Level 94
If you get a private server, you don't need to have steam.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
you need to have steam if your using a server provider. they run the official steam server stuff and also run VAC(valve account control). Youll need steam and a legal copy of gmod. besides nothing works in a pirated version.

Rep:
Level 94
On the contrary, everything works in a pirated version, because it includes all of the assets. Doesn't really matter though, because I'm going on a Steam shopping spree when I get my tax check.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you need to have steam if your using a server provider. they run the official steam server stuff and also run VAC(valve account control). Youll need steam and a legal copy of gmod. besides nothing works in a pirated version.

I thought VAC was 'Valve Anti-Cheat'

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I thought VAC was 'Valve Anti-Cheat'

Me too...

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
me 3 damn alcohol.

regardless of my above blunder the server you're paying for will be an official server and it will require you to have a valid login before joining.

certain addons and bug fixes do not work a pirated version of gmod is likely to be a lower version then the current version which your server will get.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the game's what...$10?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
indeed it is. So low ive bought a few friends a copy. :D

thats is the point im making theres no real reason to pirate it