RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rune Spell System Question

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I had an idea for a spell system. It wouldn't be the typical select a spell from a list kind of system. When you want to cast a spell 3 slots appear. Then you choose a sequence of spells from a list of runes that you have.

Example:

Battle with a goblin begins.
You want to cast a fireball spell.
3 slots appear
You select Rune A, then Rune B, then Rune C.
If that is the right combination for the Fireball spell, then Fireball is cast at the enemy
If the combination is wrong then the spell fizzles and does nothing or casts a different spell all together.

Got any ideas?

I think I have a way of doing it without a script. But it would be like Oblivion where you go to a pedestal or something and combine 3 runes to make a spell that you cast from a list.