RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM8] Lost Planetoid

Lemme smang it gurl
Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior

Sales Pitch
Spoiler for:
Lost Planetoid is a 2-dimensional action-adventure/mining platformer being made by independent game developer rainbow dash for Windows. Using a simple WASD movement system in conjunction with the mouse, players can mine deep within the planetoid's crust to find all manners of interesting things, such as rare ores, caverns, and ancient temples full of useful equipment and much more. Players can also craft various tools and other items to assist them in their expeditions. Be careful though, as this lost world is full of dangerous creatures.
About
Spoiler for:
Lost Planetoid (referred to from here on out as LP) is my own little contribution to the independent game development scene. Inspired by the likes of Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, and others, LP combines the crafting aspects of those games with the digging and mining of games such as Dig Dug, as well as the action-adventure platforming and exploring featured in games like Metroid. Using the raw materials from the world itself, players will hopefully be able to craft all sorts of unusual items, including weapons, excavation tools, armor, and much more.

As of this moment, the game is about to enter closed alpha, and will be released to friends of the developer. Afterward, when the game is ready/I feel like it, it will be released for the open alpha.
Features
Spoiler for:
The features here are the ones currently available in the current build. The list isn't very extensive, but it's still in development so it's all good.
  • Movement!
  • Mouse interface!
  • Destruction and placement of blocks!
  • Level data stored in an external DLL!
  • Bugs!
Future Features
Spoiler for:
Right, so the above list is... less than adequate. This list of planned features is much longer, I assure you. The first list are things that are absolutely going to happen; the second list are things I would like to add but am unsure of at the moment (plus explanations!).
  • Custom skins for both the player and the world.
  • Various enemies and world hazards.
  • Crafting tools and other items from gathered resources.
  • Procedural world generation.
  • Saving and loading using INIs (or perhaps an encrypted file format) that can be exchanged between players.

• Online multiplayer (difficult, and highly dependent on game popularity)
  • Level editor (would be difficult with procedural world creation)
  • Story mode (not particularly necessary, but you know)
Screenshots
Spoiler for:
Ah, screenshots. Many of these aren't finalized, but I figured it would be good to show it off for what it's worth. :P

Credits
Spoiler for:
  • rainbow dash - Everything.

enjoy~! :D

*takes shelter*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:07:05 AM by rainbow dash »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
So your making Minecraft in 2D.

Cool. :V

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Kinda reminds me of Block Dude.
Looks pretty neat so far. :)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Lost Planet

oid