RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Freeshooter

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Hee-ho~

As a drifter and a treasure hunter who's inherited the name "Freeshooter", You spend your days in the lazy town of Falldell, doing odd jobs, helping around the local bar, and generally drinking yourself into a coma (On your free time)

The story begins when Freeshooter receives a mission from a young girl. They meet at night, where she begs for him to help her save the world. Suddenly, a huge creation, clad in metal armor and a black cape, attacks Freeshooter and whisks the woman away. Eventually, this is revealed to be a creation of the Army of Royal Blue, lead by a powerful mage named Veo. As a search for answers continues, Freeshooter begins to learn that he is a part of a ancient prophecy. But who are the Royal Blue? What is their purpose, and why did they take this girl?

Spoiler for:

???
Class: Drifter

The main character of the game, he is a mysterious drifter, who currently spends his time in the city of  Falldell. Has earned the name Freeshooter due to his skill with a pistol. Usually lazy guy, unless his favorite bar, The Wilde Card Saloon, is in trouble. He's actually a nice guy and helps out most of the citizens in the
town.

Jules
Class: Knight

Jules is the leader of the Gian squad, and one of the few female knights in the country of Westwyn. When she finds out about a prophecy from an ancient book, She decides to go and search for the other heroes mentioned in the prophecy. Though she is strongest knight in her squadron, her superiors see her as a nuisance due to her age. Jules is really stubborn and outspoken girl though it tends to do more harm than good.

Vic
Class: Scholar

Vic is a intelligent but moody scholar, that works in the -Crown- Library in Lindale. He is often mistaken for a female, which he really hates but do to his many fears and his love for dolls, it's hard for people not to consider him a female. He dreams of writing a novel about the entire world but due to his many fears, he can't bring himself to leave the library.

Michael
Class: Dead Knight

It is unknown where he came from, but he does claim he is from the country of Bluehollow which does  not exist anymore (or has been changed).  He often refers to himself as the Dead Knight, however, he is the victim of a curse which caused him to possess a skeleton. The location of his real body is unknown. Michael has all the makings of a great knight, courage, chivalry, and strength (Though he's all bones).

Linda/ Doc
Class: Scientist

The "Mad scientist" of Ironmoor and self proclaimed genius, though truthfully she is only smarter than most of the people in Ironmoor. She is arrogant and rather do things her way opposed to following another person's rules.

Naom 1/ Naomi
Class: Robot

Built by Linda when she was fifteen, Naom 1 usually follows Linda around and rarely disobeys Linda, though she often apologizes for Linda's behavior to Linda's clients. As her name states she is a Nano. Attack. and Observation. Maid, Though she rarely gets to use her attack functions, since no one tries to attack Linda.

Rara
Class: Brawler/Beast Master

Rara is apparently a homunculus made over 30 years ago but she strangely has a severe case of amnesia. She lives inside the Eriwick Forest, a dangerous place for most people and the center of many myths. Rara is almost too happy of a person (considering where she is living) and as naive as child.

Alisa
Class: Witch

She is an old witch from Silvermeadow, Though she has drunken a homemade youth potion, which caused her revert to the way she looked over 20 years ago. She is mature and calm and never raises her voice, and never bears any ill will, going as far as to accept yelling and threats stoically. Though if you push her far enough she will begin yell and shout.

The world this game is set in, is called Perosova, this world is a mixture of cultures and technology, As the world is still in it's industrial phase. Due to the wars on the planet, a good portion of the world is made up of wastelands and deserts. Strangely people have managed to survive in such areas using new technology powered with magic. The world of Perosova is broken up into 6 major continents
Spoiler for:
Caspova

Helvon

Mercavia

Atlos

Daluni

Ibanes

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:42:55 PM by Raiho the XV »

Hee-ho~
I've now added some screenshots!

Rep:
Level 82
Nice! I like the mapping :) Is this a completely rtp resource game?

Rep:
Level 73
I swear, Officer - she's over 18.
I agree! The mapping is nothing short of greatness. It's not cluttered and obnoxious like some I've seen, but not bland and empty (*cough cough* ME *cough cough*). It's a perfectly modest level of mapping, but is actually the kind of visual I like best, with VX.

The story itself is the cliche of cliches, but with a twist: You're a villain instead of a hero! This itself has a lot of potential in the terms of the story and diologue, but is something that can easily be overlooked, which can take away from the overall experience of gameplay. Never forget that, even though this character is helping to save humanity, that he is still a villain. I assume he's going to be an asshole to everyone? Or maybe just a pervert (pertaining to the screenshot, lol).

A concept that is rather hit-or-miss. If pulled off well, you have a distinct, witty, yet epic RPG. If not pulled off well, it's just a cliched experience that not only seems to be the same as every other RPG, but CLAIMS to be different. Be wary of this point throughout development.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:30:00 PM by narwhals »

Hee-ho~
Thank you for comment Though I've decided to scrap Hell Trigger and Redo it

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I cannot see any of your screenshots, your comment said you scrapped Hell Trigger, is that the game?

Hee-ho~
Hm...Yeah sorta
Added Screenshots

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The game looks good, something about the mapping (although there isn't much shown) that makes me want to try it out. I'll keep this on notify, so good luck with this.