RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Accelerating Windows XP with Registry edits?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I heard that XP can tweaked with registry edits, allowing it to run slightly faster. Does anyone know how or where I can get the registry files from?

EDIT: Also, will placing Windows Kernal in RAM slow down programs and games performance?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:29:21 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
The registry files will be in System32 folder, The tweaking to speed XP is very true, But I haven't had time to experiment this as of yet, I'll let you know when I have.

Kernel in RAM?? wtf? In theory that would put more stress on RAM, whch in turn would slow it down?

:blizj:

~Be Cool~

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I heard that XP can tweaked with registry edits, allowing it to run slightly faster. Does anyone know how or where I can get the registry files from?

EDIT: Also, will placing Windows Kernal in RAM slow down programs and games performance?

Quote from: Tezuka on February 17, 2008, 01:53:00 PM

You really shouldn't go dicking around in the registry.period.
But yes the programs around that work and do it well generally increase system performence.
Run a Sys maintence app i use tune up 1 click updated. It does reg,temp files,spyware,adware etc.
Then scan disk and defrag.
Remove extra excess apps from start>run>msconfig>start up and then click services and hide all microsoft
and see what is needed and not.
If you dont know what something is search for the name of it in find files or folder with show all hidden checked
right click it then see version and who made it and what it does.
Drivers and always used apps = stay
That and cleaning it inside of dust will make it as fast as can be pretty much.

Quote from: YOU on May 21 at 10:44:34 PM
:tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

NTREGOPT, though use the tool on the left to backup your registry before you use the program on the right.

^ that's what you need Tezuka :) works like a charm!

That and cleaning it inside of dust will make it as fast as can be pretty much.

not as fast as upgrading it ;p
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun