RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Caslevania Scripts Needed

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Ok, so I'm trying to make a Castlevania game with RPG Maker VX (though if need be I could use a different RPG Maker) and I can't seem to find the scripts I need and even if I can find some, it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to have good instructions on how to add it into the program.

I would like it to be something like this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5upxKMabFUE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5upxKMabFUE</a>

But of course with out that guy there and what not, but this vid does seem to be the sort of thing I'm looking for, but if possible I'd like it to be more like Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin where I could have 2 people I can switch off with and also equip skills and the like and have a sort of final skill (basically a skill that uses both characters, alot of MP or whatever it may be, and does a lot of damage). But if I can only go with one character then that is fine, as long as I can make it so you are a different character at certain points maybe (but even if I can't do that, that is ok also). Besides that I would need more sprites then what I have and probably custom sprites as well (but I maybe be able to get the sprites on my own over time). So if anyone can help with this that would be great, thank you.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, RM really isn't the best engine for making a sidescroller in, since you have to change practically everything. You could try asking the guy who's making that game for the scripts he uses, though they seem custom so he'll probably say no.

I would say that if you want to make a Castlevania game, use Game Maker or Stencyl, if it's out yet, or even Indie Game Maker. I don't know why you'd want to use RM really.

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Well I can look into some of the others you listed like Game Maker, but I decided to use RM because I'm more familiar with it and also as for the guy who made the game, it was a group, and I've tried to reach them but I assume they are busy because I have yet to get something back. But I still face the same sort of problems as well even if I were to use something like Game Maker or one of the others you listed, so yeah.

Rep:
Level 82
Don't forget the wall meat.