RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Non tile based movement

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I just wanted to know if rpg maker 2000 let you move around pixel based instead of tile by tile, meaning if i pressed right, instead of moving to the next tile, my character would only
move a few pixels,(kind of like moving the way they do in dbz:buu's fury, than how they do in the gba pokemon games.)  See this way it would work better for my abs game i am developing. Because it wouldnt feel too good fighting an enemy in real time and both of us are moving tile by tile. So any help would be appreciated.

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
I think that is not possible. If anyone knows opposite, feel free to correct me.

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
Not possible.  If you worked hard enough at it in XP you might be able to script something for it, but there's no way to do it in 2000.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
There's a pixel movement script on hbgames.org for RMXP, not sure of any methods for RM2000 though.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
You could replace the character by a picture, moving it while pressing. But that brings up tons of other problems. So.. no.
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
oh well thanx anyway, i think ill try the thing with xp

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I just posted the official ( As far as I know )
Use it :P:P