RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RPGXP] Merula

pokeball OwlOffline
Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)

Gameplay/Story
It would probably be best to start by saying this: This game is not for everyone.
There is not a single fight in the game, so look elsewhere for action games.
With that being said, if you like games that focus heavily on exploring, this might be your cup of tea.

The premise of the game is that you explore the dreams of a girl named Merula in a coma, taking the role of a psychic, whose name you do not know.
Merula have been sleeping nonstop for 3 years for reasons unknown and her mother have finally started using desperate measures to wake her up.

The game is really vague as to what is happening most of the time and this was my intention, i want the player to think for himself and make his or her opinion.

Screenshots

The sleeping Merula and your main avatar

You enter Merula's mind through a falling sequence

Your character can change form after finding something to "mimic" when inside Merula's mind, also pictured is one of many inhabitants of Merula's mind

Game rating: T

The game
As of now version 0.22, nowhere near finished in other words. Probably a hour or more of gameplay though. Made using RPG Maker XP, you won't need any program other than something to unzip the download with.
And without further delay, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?304adexddis0qh0

pokeball OwlOffline
Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Sounds a lot like Yume Nikki, which is okay, because I love Yume Nikki. As long as you're keeping it unique and intriguing, I don't see a problem with it.