RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Idea, Purity

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Ok for a while now I have been toying around with an idea of an atheist retelling of Adam and Eve.  

(Warning this is very much inspired by Sword and claw)
The setting will be on earth far into the future long after technology had destroyed itself.  a great space war nearly destroyed humanity sending huge space stations crashing to earth. Since its been 3000 years since the space war the inhabitants now see these as citadels sent by god for them to build cities in. the culture of the world is much like a medieval setting with random bits of ancient ruins scattered about. So to sum it up its post apocalyptic/ medieval setting.

The main character is a 27 year old war veteran on his way to the citadel to find work. on his way he stops by to see an old war buddy  (who cant let the past go so he builds his home on one of their battle grounds) this is where you get the background information on the main character. The war buddy has clearly gone insane and attacks the hero after their talk. As he

Very interesting story I must say. I'll be looking out for your game in the future if you get it off the ground. Unfortunately, I cant help you, I'm a really bad artist. I'm more of a scripter.
Oh, and by the way, Postality Knights edition is a very good version of RPGMXP so dont worry.

They'll eat you!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
NEAT idea... by the way, I've always wanted to make a game with no overworld, too!  It's such a way cool idea!

[off-topic]
Jack Frost!  Awesome avatar!  Snowboard Kids freakin' rocks!
[/off-topic]

well Ive gotten this project underway, I have drawn a map for the entire world including 3 small towns and one big city. I have also made the main character template (my first template ever :O_o: ) which can be seen here.

http://h1.ripway.com/crawferd/hero.png

I have also made a few additions (negotiable just realized it sounds way to much like the matrix) to the story line:

ok read OP first,

the space war that took place 3000 years ago turns out was between humans and a similar race which created humans. when the alien race saw that the humans where getting powerful enough to challenge them they attacked earth and sent it into 3000 years of dark age. The main character will be occasionally visited by a strange man with jet black eyes (alien leader/ fake god). mid game the hero will shown the ways of the alien technology and start developing weird power (HA magic bitches I found a way to implement it). at the end he will challenge the alien leader and in a last ditch predator Esq revenge type thing he will destroy earth leaving only the hero and the slave girl left (due to the hero's sweet new powers).

OK yeah now that i read it i think that's a lame way to go but how do you guys feel?

-help request-

i need some character templates made (i don't have time to make them all)

alien leader/ god- humanoid/ black eyes/ some type of fancy techno armor.

slave girl/eve (i cant for the life of me make girls)- modest looking, brown hair, moest clothes, sewn up eyes

thats it, good to hear my idea seems interesting.[/url]

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Quote from: Gavek
Ok for a while now I have been toying around with an idea of an atheist retelling of Adam and Eve.  

The setting will be on earth far into the future long after technology had destroyed itself.  a great space war nearly destroyed humanity sending huge space stations crashing to earth. Since its been 3000 years since the space war the inhabitants now see these as citadels sent by god for them to build cities in. the culture of the world is much like a medieval setting with random bits of ancient ruins scattered about. So to sum it up its post apocalyptic/ medieval setting.

The main character is a 27 year old war veteran on his way to the citadel to find work. on his way he stops by to see an old war buddy  (who cant let the past go so he builds his home on one of their battle grounds) this is where you get the background information on the main character. The war buddy has clearly gone insane and attacks the hero after their talk. As he

Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

OK i have a small demo of what i have completed over the last 4 days. This isn't anything close to a finished product. The plan is to have a huge world with no over world tons of exploration and random dungeons. This is a small sample of what that will be like.

-tips-

click everything

the bed in Bartons apartment will heal you.

http://h1.ripway.com/crawferd/purity.zip

ill be sure to check it out fo'sho
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
holy crap people, niether of my games ever had an overworld...sheesh...

anyways...sounds good. I dont really think you should have any green maps, being as how the world is post-apocalytic. trust me, it will be hard to find tilesets for post-apocalypticness

well by post apocolyptic i mean the scientific and economic destruction of man not the actual destruction of earth. if anything its going to be greener than usual.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
well by post apocolyptic i mean the scientific and economic destruction of man not the actual destruction of earth. if anything its going to be greener than usual.

oh, i kind of see what you mean. but if a war destroyed science, then technicaly (knowing humans and politicians) the acutall landscape would be effected to, and in turn it would become...well, you know, like that. but youll end up making your own tilesets (or combining them) to make maps withthe crashed stations on them

gavek i tried the demo.....i like the side story to the game....the maps are pretty big....i got lost for a minute lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

heh thanks, yah i decided that all the world maps would be 30x30.

i like them alot...i tried clicking everything...and found something funny on the mushrooms....lol...good mini-story to that lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Playing your game I notice one or two things wrong.  Firstly, lines appear over your character's head when he's going left, meaning you'll need to move him up one or two notches.  Also, check out some of your spelling and grammar.  Obvious mistakes like 'The north won we lost' ruin an otherwise okayish game.  Keep developing :)

PS. I don't see Barton with a sword; why then did I get one?