RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy XII Zone Splash Screens

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Squeenix Follower
Greetings,
I am making a game that doesn't use an actual world map (Think Final Fantasy X/Final Fantasy XII). I'm doing zones instead. :)

My question is this: Is there a script out there that will "Write" The name of the zone on the screen like Final Fantasy XII did.

Thanks
Shinanji

RMRK Squeenix Follower
I have played with that option, but the best I can get is fades. I am looking more for an animation (I guess that is the correct term) of a text and whatever pattern/border used to be drawn on the screen, instead of fading in then fading out after a few sections.

Thanks for your reply.  :)

Shinanji

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
What I would do is to make a separate graphic for the background, zone name a foreground (or two of each) and have them move across the screen at differing speeds using the "Show Picture", "Rotatae Picture" and "Move Picture" commands.

That is, if you want to use events...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

RMRK Squeenix Follower
Thank you everyone. :) I will play around with the options and see what cool stuff I can do. :)
Look for Game Post soon on my game. :)

Shinanji. 

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
you know there are scripts that do that ^^