RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Custom Icons? [RESOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Sneaking...
I recently started using RPG Maker VX. I try importing custom tilesets, and face icons, etc. Since I usually have to edit them, I use MSPaint. But then, the background doesn't appear the way it should, there's always a box behind them...

Spoiler for:

That big black box behind him doesn't go away. It stays there in-game. Is there a way to make the background invisible...?

It also does this with tilesets.

Spoiler for:

That blue box behind the tileset doesn't work, because it doesnt have the checkered background on it. the blue on the tileset appears in-game. I don't want that. all together, it does this.

Spoiler for:
The black box behind Brian is still there.

Spoiler for:
The blue box is still there, and covering the entire floor...!

Help? These tilesets, and face icons, AND character icons are vital for my RPG's survival! D:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:46:28 PM by xXxSPARTAxXx »

Roflcopter blades go SLICESLICESLICESLICESLICESLICESLICE!

or... is that "ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL"?

Who knows?

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
This is for RMXP but I think it might be the same for VX. When you import the tileset/face, isn't there a window to choose a color to make it transparent?

Sneaking...
This is for RMXP but I think it might be the same for VX. When you import the tileset/face, isn't there a window to choose a color to make it transparent?

I'm trying that. It's not working for my face icons, but it's working for the tilesets. :'D Thanks!

Who knows?

<3
Rep:
Level 83
No problem. =D For the faces, are you sure they are saved as PNG?

Sneaking...
No problem. =D For the faces, are you sure they are saved as PNG?

Yeah. Their .PNGs... I think it's just becausae the colour im tyring to make transparent is black... I'll try making it green or something.

EDIT: Yep. I changed the color, and it works. Thanks! :D

Who knows?

<3
Rep:
Level 83
No problem. Glad I could help. =D