RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Few Questions for my new project (Graphics and Skills)

Rep:
Level 88
Busted - Infection...Spreaded...
It's not like I've even got a demo of this already, or anything like that, but this is another project of mine, which I'm determinded to finish (after spending four days working on the database to get my skills sorted out correctly).

Now, here are a few problems/questions:

1. Would it be possible to create a skill which would make enemies run away from the battle? The only thing I can think of would be to create a skill using the Common Event "End Battle", but would that work on bosses, and would that give EXP?

2. A skill which would enable a person to warp back to the last town they entered. I haven't got any clue how I would create this skill at all. Or if it would be even possible to create. If anyone knows if this is possible, or even better, how to create it, please tell me.

3. Similar to above, but a skill which would warp the person to the level above which they were in a dungeon (i.e. if a person was on B2, then the skill would warp them back to the entrance of B2 on B1 and so on and so forth back up the dungeon).

4. Which way round the attribute and status resistances are. I REALLY can't remember whether A is larger then average damage, or whether it is pretty much nothing damage-wise. I know it's simple, but I don't usually work with the database much.

5. An icon for nunchuks. It isn't incredibly important, and it would only be used by two weapons (because my fist-fighter uses staffs as well... for some reason...), but it just wouldn't seem right the icon being something like a bow and arrow or something...

6. An icon for gloves. Doesn't matter whether it's gauntlet-like things, or gloves, or mittens, or what. Just so long as it could go on your hands... As in, handgear... Yo' know? Er... I really don't know how else to describe it... Get what I mean... right...? Well... you better do...

7. A tent. Or a house. Or a cottage. Take your pick. One of the three... An icon, not an actual tent, house or cottage... *wonders if he'd actually get bought a house* If I don't get one of these, it might look a bit weird as the icon would be a potion...

Anyone care to help? I'll upload some screenies and a demo when I've got them.

Oh, and if anyone would be willing to BETA for me, then please tell me. I'd be happer with any help I can get.  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:06:48 PM by jackisthemasterofwater »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
looks more like a help topic, not a rpg maker game project.

~ moves to a place where you can get better help.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
looks more like a help topic, not a rpg maker game project.

~ moves to a place where you can get better help.
Oops... Sorry... ;(
Forgot about that...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Here are nunchakus I made for a guy before... Yeah, don't get pissed because it's just one, Mutsu. Anyways, hope it's up to par. :P

Rep:
Level 88
Here are nunchakus I made for a guy before... Yeah, don't get pissed because it's just one, Mutsu. Anyways, hope it's up to par. :P
Ooo... Thankies! *dances* That should do very nicely! ^_^

Anywho... I've changed the title so it made a little more sense... sort of...

EDIT: Added two new graphical thingies...  :P
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:30:00 PM by jackisthemasterofwater »

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
The simple answer to all the questions,,YES,,you can do it all.

I remember in RPG Maker 2000,,there actually an enemy skill that let them escape from battle.  I will have to check if it's still in RPG Maker XP.

As for teleporting,,it can be easily made using ?Memorize Place? command.  You will need to create three variables: Map ID,,X-Coordinate,,Y-Coordinate.

Using commont events,,or in-map events,,you can memorize the place,,and teleport any event(such as a hero) to that memorized place.

If you need a full tutorial on how it's done,,don't hesitate to post a request.
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 88
If you need a full tutorial on how it's done,,don't hesitate to post a request.
Thanks... but you've confuzzled my little brain. Can you give moi a tutorial or something please?

Rep:
Level 87
(This tutorial might be moved to the tutorials section)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a TUTORIAL on how to add an ESCAPE SKILL to an ENEMY MONSTERY:

First go to Database ---> Enemies, then select an enemy (I chose Ghost).
Next, add a new action to the select enemy, right click inside Action/Condition window,,and hit EDIT

Spoiler for:

A new window should popup,,and under Action ---> Basic,,u should find an action called ESCAPE

Spoiler for:

Now,,you can specifiy a condition as to when an enemy will perform such an action.  For this tutorial,,I chose the condition to be if enemy HP <30%

Spoiler for:

Once done, you can hit OK, and your action should appear in the Enemie's action list

Spoiler for:

Hit Apply,,and you are done.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you want your teleport skill work?  Should a hero have two skills (first skill to memorize a place,,and the second skill to teleport to that place)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:41:55 PM by djkdjl »
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that

Rep:
Level 88
Erm... I don't mean to sound ungrateful (and thank you for the tutorial), but that wasn't exactly what I meant. I'll try and be more specific.

Basically, I want my White Mage to have a skill which will scare enemies and force them to escape from the battle. However, I want it so that it doesn't work on bosses, and that it acts almost like it's forcing the enemies to use the escape command.

As for the teleportation, again, I want two different skills (one for the White Mage, and one for the Black Mage) which can be used outside of the menu to warp the character to the location (either to the last town entered, or the last floor they were on).

Rep:
Level 87
Oh I understand now,,it's a bit tougher,,but it can be done using events.

First create a Common Event as follows:

Spoiler for:

Then,,create a new skill in the skills section as follows (I called it Scare):

Spoiler for:

Next,,give the monsters you want the following enemy skill:

Spoiler for:

Finally,,on each one of your map where fighting is enabled,,add the following event somewhere:

Spoiler for:

And you are DONE.

The only problem with this is that the enemies will not flee IMMEDIATELY when the SCARE skill is cast,,they will flee AFTER a new turn begins.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:53:26 PM by djkdjl »

Rep:
Level 88
Oh I understand now,,it's a bit tougher,,but it can be done using events.

First create a Common Event as follows:

Spoiler for:

Then,,create a new skill in the skills section as follows (I called it Scare):

Spoiler for:

Next,,give the monsters you want the following enemy skill:

Spoiler for:

Finally,,on each one of your map where fighting is enabled,,add the following event somewhere:

Spoiler for:

And you are DONE.

The only problem with this is that the enemies will not flee IMMEDIATELY when the SCARE skill is cast,,they will flee AFTER a new turn begins.

Thank you SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much! You've really helped!

Rep:
Level 87
If you want a selected enemy to flee as soon as the skill is cast,,then I made another tutorial on how it's done [it doesn't uses any switches nor variables]

It can be found here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21364.0.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:54:35 PM by djkdjl »

Rep:
Level 88
If you want a selected enemy to flee as soon as the skill is cast,,then I made another tutorial on how it's done [it doesn't uses any switches nor variables]

It can be found here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21364.0.html
Thank you! BTW, does that mean that A = Super Effective, and F = Immune (or something similar?)

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Just check yourself idiot, it can be done easily in battles and database tweaking.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Well, you don't have to be too rude.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Just check yourself idiot, it can be done easily in battles and database tweaking.
*shrugs* I was only checking to make sure.

Rep:
Level 87
Yes,,A is supereffective,,and F is immune

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
A = 200%
B = 150%
C = 100%
D = 50%
E = Immune
F = Absorbs

if I'm not mistaken

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
yeah,,what namkcor said