RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NEED HELPPPPPPPPPP

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
OK,I installed Rpg maker Xp,but i dont know where to go next.

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
Hav u opend rpg maker xp

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

yes i have opened it and installed it,now what.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back! I gues...
Read the tutorials... There are lot's around here!
RPG Maker version: XP

Omfg, who gave me -1 rep? After all I done for you guys!

Recruiting for upcomming game ELVES

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I dont mean opening the install file I mean opening the exe

i cant find ant exe

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
do you know where you installed it ???

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
i cant find ant exe
*smashes head on keyboard*

Oh wow....

Rep:
Level 87
If you have just downloaded the program, you'll need to unzip/install it (saving it to your computer from whatever site you got it does not make it immediately available to use).  This should give you an icon on the desktop - when you run this, you'll be in the program/editor.  When you get to that stage, check out the tutorials - there are some showing you around the editor, some showing you how to make different types of maps.  Then once you've tried those, if you have more specific questions with things you're stuck on, you can get more help.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

yea i installed it but i didn't get an icon.

Rep:
Level 87
do a search for RPGXP.exe over your hard drives - it SHOULD be in the location you installed the software, but doing a search should turn it up wherever it is.  When you find it, you should make a shortcut to it on the desktop or somewhere.  (did you look in your start menu to see if it's hidden away in there?)

when i did the search it said file not found.

Rep:
Level 87
then it sounds like you didn't install it properly.  I'd go back and reinstall - that may mean downloading it again if you didn't save it to your hard drive.  If you did download and save to your hard drive then, find what you saved and run that - it may be an executable program (setup.exe or install.exe) or it may be a zip file - I don't remember.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.

Noobs.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
start menu > all programs (look near the end)
desktop look around
c:programfiles (look for RMXP or enterbrin)

and finally go to c-panel and add/remove programs...and see if Rpgmaker is even on the list.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Have you tried doing a barrel roll?
>_>

Search your comp for it.

Start -> Search
Working on world of sorrow again.

ok first i dowloaded it, opened it up, instal rpgg,an icon apeared but it only contained the same files, as the other one only unzipped.Said i had in stalled Rpgg-s.but when i did the search, it said no items found.And i even re-installed it from a different source.

Rep:
Level 87
that's the RGSS (Ruby scripting language) side of it by the sounds of it - not the actual RPG-XP program.  When you installed, the window should have given you options to install TWO programs.  You need to go back in there and install the second one now - RPG Maker XP.

i did install both.