RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Mmmm, scales yes!

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Well, here's a video of me playing (attempting) a 4-octave Bb scale.

Apparently I mumbled in the beginning, all I said was the above, and 3-octave Bb is easy for me and I will try to play quietly so I don't bother anybody in the house.

Also lol @ flabby skin -_- . Bad camera angle.

Also, I failed the first attempt, apologized (bad habit), and tried again. Started failing again, got pissed and started playing a mp, then realized I was supposed to be quiet, so not enough air to make the low notes (and regular octave) sound good.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=JZBW7T4T

Also lol @ how my voice sounds different when recorded O_o

EDIT : Next time I'm going to be recording me playing a solo. I promise it will sound uber. The room I will do it in has great acoustics, so the sound bounces back, amplifying it and making it sound like there is more of me (Tsuno-clones <3 ).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:15:49 AM by irock »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Holy crap, you're SINGING 4 octaves? I gotta watch.

EDIT: No, playing, but still, nice. Even harder. XD

EDIT2: When you hit the last note of the third octave, I thought you couldn't do it. But nice. Lol at the last note. The rest of the fourth octave sounded good, still.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:54:21 PM by mastermoo420 »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I love how in the two posts above me, it's never mentioned what instrument is being played.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Third post included, eh? But now that I think about it, singing four octaves is actually harder. :P

Let's try to keep the instrument name out. Even though people will able to guess since they know it's an instrument and we know it's Tsuno.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
The fact that it's four octaves narrows it down pretty well. Anyone with sense and a bit of knowledge about Tsunokiette should be able to figure it out.
:tinysmile:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's a very nice sounding instrument, btw. A solo of it would be cool or a song focused around it. :3

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The fact that it's four octaves narrows it down pretty well. Anyone with sense and a bit of knowledge about Tsunokiette should be able to figure it out.

The first things to come to mind for me were guitar and piano. I'm not too knowledgeable of more orchestral instruments.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Cello and Double bass too.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

The first things to come to mind for me were guitar and piano. I'm not too knowledgeable of more orchestral instruments.
LOL. That'd be kind of cheap, wouldn't it? >_> :P Are any orchestral instruments even capable of doing four scales? Cello? Double Bass? Bass? Violin? Viola? Some other stuffs?

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 97
Oh and french horn and marimba.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Holy crap, French horn four scales? I can only do, liek, low F (which is concert Bb) up to regular F up to a high F. Which is two. AND THAT'S HARD ENOUGH. ;-; Tsuno, you are the god of the instrument you play (I almost said it :o)

ALSO, MARIMBA IS PERCUSSION, YOU CHEATER >:(

Rep:
Level 97
It still has a range of four+ octaves. I don't see your point.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's not actually hard to do the scale. >_>

Rep:
Level 97
It's not hard to do a scale on any other instrument either.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
FOUR OCTAVES? >_>

Rep:
Level 97
Four octave scales would be easy on piano and string instruments too. Maybe not guitar. IDK

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
four octave scales on guitar are a piece of cake

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah. Start with the E and just do the whole major scale thing with the WWHWWWH. Unless you wanna start at C or something. You could still do it.

EDIT: 4 seems hard. I don't think strings go that high.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Any respectable guitar will have 24 frets, which means guitars can play EXACTLY four octaves.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Any respectable guitar... My acoustic has only... 20 and I don't think it's that bad.