RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Future RM Releases?

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
All the features that have already been listed, AAAAND
a proper help file/tutorial to actually teach you how to use it
(not that I don't value the help on here)
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
All the features that have already been listed, AAAAND
a proper help file/tutorial to actually teach you how to use it
(not that I don't value the help on here)

There is the "?" button, which helped me A LOT.

Rep:
Level 86
English version needs to be better.

Multiple standard RPG battle systems to choose from (by default), perhaps some default scripts that can be interchanged.

Better screen resolution support, especially for the editor (they should be using re-size tactics instead of forcing a singular or higher resolution, 800x600 is by no means dead lol).

The script editor needs a lot of fixing, they should consider some code completion in it as well (for standards matters).

Some better material for newer users to learn.

Someone who actually knows the english language better than a 5 year old for the documents and help material......

The list can go on, but I see the above is quite large annoyances.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
honestly, the only thing I'd ask for is a waypoint system

the purpose of open scripting is so that anyone who wants to -put in the effort- can do something spectacular
if they included an animated SVBS or ABS, then it wouldn't be as exciting to see.
in other words, what's the point of asking for all the extra stuff to be included and still making it open scripting?  answer: there is none

code completion doesn't really need to be added, as it gets annoying when you wanna type one thing and code completion thinks its another.  mebe a syntax checker, but not a code completer, I don't even use that in flash

and a lot of the stuff people are asking for (sprite templates, sprite assistance) you could just use paint or other progs for, so they wouldn't be there

7.) simpler ability to allow player to hold or press keys while walking to do different things like run or jump instead of having to do so on a certain spot

you could easily make a common event for keypress functions

6) Little more easy to make tilesets

tilesets won't ever be easier to make

and I don't see how they could make the program itself any 'easier to use'
all engines take work to get to learn, that's why there are skilled people, they are the ones
that took the time to learn and figure stuff out
and if the RM company supplied tutorials and such, what use would communities like this be?

long story short, I agree with falcon
we don't need another RM
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:35:15 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
honestly, the only thing I'd ask for is a waypoint system

the purpose of open scripting is so that anyone who wants to -put in the effort- can do something spectacular
if they included an animated SVBS or ABS, then it wouldn't be as exciting to see.
in other words, what's the point of asking for all the extra stuff to be included and still making it open scripting?  answer: there is none

code completion doesn't really need to be added, as it gets annoying when you wanna type one thing and code completion thinks its another.  mebe a syntax checker, but not a code completer, I don't even use that in flash

and a lot of the stuff people are asking for (sprite templates, sprite assistance) you could just use paint or other progs for, so they wouldn't be there

7.) simpler ability to allow player to hold or press keys while walking to do different things like run or jump instead of having to do so on a certain spot

you could easily make a common event for keypress functions

6) Little more easy to make tilesets

tilesets won't ever be easier to make

and I don't see how they could make the program itself any 'easier to use'
all engines take work to get to learn, that's why there are skilled people, they are the ones
that took the time to learn and figure stuff out
and if the RM company supplied tutorials and such, what use would communities like this be?

long story short, I agree with falcon
we don't need another RM

1)
A sprite template would be a super nice addition, indeed, as it is hard to line up eveyrthing correctly.

2)
I do agree with that, but it would be nice to have a switch or something in the database taht can turn things on and off like that, so there might be a less chance of lag.

3)
Indeed, tilesets are a pain in the ass to make.
A cool thing might be multiple tilesets for one complete tileset, and more than four (or is it five?) autotiles.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
OH I GOT ONE! A perfectly working self-tileset merger thingy.

Rep:
Level 86
Code completion is useful if you have enough there to warrant it (it's not very good in flash anyway..... I was talking more about good IDE's for C++ and Object Pascal :P).

There should be several *BASIC* battle systems, of different types, but still basic.

Not just all the ridiculous polished fancy stuff.

Rep:
Level 87
Scripts fix all flaws in RPG Maker.

Meh... that's possible, but I don't think so. I agree with most of the above suggestions, and I would also really, really love to see a more complex map editor. You can have flipped/rotated tiles, different tile sizes (specifically 8x8), alpha channel/opacity, and maybe some more neat additions. Okay, I don't need the alpha channel/opacity, but I'd like the first two.

I could think of more things to add, but I've gotta go.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
1)
A sprite template would be a super nice addition, indeed, as it is hard to line up eveyrthing correctly.

2)
I do agree with that, but it would be nice to have a switch or something in the database taht can turn things on and off like that, so there might be a less chance of lag.

3)
A cool thing might be multiple tilesets for one complete tileset, and more than four (or is it five?) autotiles.

1) hbgames.org
2) easy, use a switch if you want to, lag's not an issue if you do it right
3) you can combine multiple tilesets you know

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Needs more layers.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
1)

2)

3)

1) hbgames.org
2) easy, use a switch if you want to, lag's not an issue if you do it right
3) you can combine multiple tilesets you know

1)
hbgames.org is full of pricks, plus, I meant like a template with the program.

2)
Making and coping and pasting switches into maps takes time, when, enterbrain could have just had something in a database.

3)
Scriptz?

Needs more layers.

+1

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
1)
hbgames.org is full of pricks, plus, I meant like a template with the program.

2)
Making and coping and pasting switches into maps takes time, when, enterbrain could have just had something in a database.

3)
Scriptz?

1) so don't post, or mod the RTP, solution - Paint
2) Parallel common event
3) Paint

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh, I gots one. An easy copy/paste system. Like you just find some file and move it into your game folder. :P

Rep:
Level 86
There should be more layers, internally they could handle it easy (within the program), it's a simpler matter of deciding which to draw first in a sequence as loooooong as you pretty much like (virtually millions).

Rep:
Level 86
Chasing to create tomorrow's experience
I still have a dream that one day they will release a 3d RPGmaker with the ease of use of the 2d version,
I know there are some around though most of them seem lacking of features or just too hard to get the hang of
 (like require you to build your maps with vertices directly rather then set patterns or use some default brush level formats).
It would already be very fun if we just had a standard set of 3D models / character movement and such.
and maybe some feature to allow online play :P

Also what i always missed in the 2d version was just more default battle systems :p
but those can be easily coded in

Who knows :p a man can dream ^^
Sagramore (MMORPG) - Game Designer

http://www.sagramore.com

Rep:
Level 86
Well I'm glad they are making 2D game making easier (even if it's sometimes for a specific genre), but going 3D I feel is too far, it's certainly not near dead (in the same sense as 2D is *generally* compared to 3D).

Let us make sure we fully suck the life out of 2D :P.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah I like the simplicity of the 2D setup,
Im just saying that they could just make a RPG maker which is 3d but almost just as easy to manage as if it were 2d.

One thing i do miss is online play capabilities, like having a friend connect to your game and then co-opping the RPG together.
But that would make RPGMaker a lot harder to manage :P
as you would have to account for online stability.

Our team is developing a webbased MMORPG using RPGMaker graphics,
I will make a separate post concerning this on these forums soon as we are still looking for new people (storyline/graphics) :)

Rep:
Level 86
I like the idea of some online or interactivity, but I am personally getting sick of all these pointless/aimless MMO's coming about.

What I would like to see is a real single player RPG (even if it does have multi player options somehow), or at the very least, a multi player online game that has a real story that can be followed by an invidual or small group of individuals, without too much multi player heavy focus.

And while I'm not very fond of MMO's generally (as you can tell), props for making it RMXP style (or near SNES style as I call it), I love that style :P, I wish they were still releasing games like Lufia and Secret of Mana in that way ^_^.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah i have to say a lot of cool RPG elements get lost in MMORPGs.
As in MMO's you are limited by the multitude of players,
The story cant be too interactive as quests need to be available to anyone.

Still I think as long as an MMO has unique elements it can be worthwhile :P
my post about the webmmorpg we're making is posted here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21091.0.html

And yeah i agree that "snes games" at its time were very enjoyable.
Loved Lufia and SOM, my personal favorite will always be Chrono Trigger though,
I still think that is one of the best Snes games out there. :P