RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is it possible to... [Resolved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I'm kinda like a newbie at the whole making games thing, so sorry if I make stupic comments or posted this in the wrong place. >_>"

Anyway, the question i'm asking is, is it possible to make it like a normal RPG game how you walk in a overworld map, but when you get into a battle, for the battle you move around like across and attack with a button. A good example is Tales of Phantasia. The battle system is like set on this field, how you and your enemy move around and attack each other like with a button.

If it's not possible with RPGM2003 is it possible to do it with any of the other one's? Sorry if this has been asked, I seriously couldn't find this question when I searched for it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:20:51 AM by WilliamPetty »

Rep:
Level 87
A Tales ABS? That's really hard to do in 2003, but it can be done in XP and VX with proper scripting. However, I haven't seen any Tales scripts.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:27:27 PM by droginator »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
A Tales ABS? That's really hard to do in 2003, but it can be done in XP and VX with proper scripting. However, I haven't seen any Tales scripts.

once upon a time there was a Tales of battle system in the works in XP...then it died...

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Ok, thanks. xD Well atleast I know it's kinda possible, lol. Well that's what i'm getting.

Also another noob question, for 2k/2k3 how do you like make the movement more available and not stay at the normal 3 movement. For example, for some
techniques this person made then do multiple movements.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cBKXl_04g6E

I know it's not a very good example, I just found it when searching for RPG games. ._. Sorry if you don't understand what I mean, i'll define it abit more? XD

For example Kakashi at 0:39-0:42 Kakashi does about 9 different poses/sprites then the actual skill came out.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:57:57 PM by WilliamPetty »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
he made animation sets out of the character sprites, then created user animation of the pre-attack sprite (like kakashi doing the hand symbols), so instead of just a charge up graphic or something, it showed something more complex, and then the target animation as normal.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
An Action Battle System is easy to make in Rm2k3 IF you are good at eventing and have the sprites and all.

Never played Phantasia though

Oh, my childhood.

Arlen is hot.

Thanks, I understand how he did it now. xD Resolved. :3