RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Intro Animation

Rep:
Level 87
I looked around for this but haven't really figured out how to get this going.

I want it so that when you press "New Game" It goes automatically to...Well I guess a AVI file.

Im mostly going to make a title video to explain the start of the game.

Sorry if this has been solved before!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Man, beat me to it... My internet failed while posting... :'(

Rep:
Level 87
yeah I found that but how do I make it so that it comes on as soon as you press New Game?

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Make an event in a blank map, (your character should not have any graphics set yet.) This event needs to set to parallel process. Then have it show the picture, file, whatever, then black out the screen (eventhough it is black, trust me) change the character graphics to what you want your chracter to look like, transport them to the real starting area, then put the screen tint back to normal.

Did that help?

pokeball WcWOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
2 + 2 is a math problem, NOT 4.
Okay, for a beginning cutscene, here's what you do:

Make you map for what you want the beginning to be.  For example, woods that you never go to again (If your return to the area, you could just copy the map or add a switch) and make events with the pics of all the characters you want to be in the scene in their beginning place. 
Next, go to the database and change the graphic of you character that you start with to none, then make an event with his old graphic, unless you already have.  This will make it so you can properly move the main character with the event, if not you'll have lots of problems with forcing the character to move.
Go to one of the events.  Go to "Set Move Route," and all that, and make that event control all the others.  When you're done, have it change the the main characters graphic back to what you want with "Change Actor Graphic."  Right after that in the syntax, have it transfer you to the next area you want.
For more info on making the scene, go to http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,157.0.html

Sorry for doing that after your's Forcytus, it just didn't seem clear enough to me...(no offense, I've just got experience with cutscenes)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:42:26 PM by theguywithproblems »
If you are reading this, the government of the U.S.A. is currently planting a chip in your brain.
People like decreasing my Rep. In fact, people like decreasing most others people's rep.

Rep:
Level 87
I'm useing an AVI video file. I will try what you said forcy soon. Thank you guys!

Rep:
Level 87
Make an event in a blank map, (your character should not have any graphics set yet.) This event needs to set to parallel process. Then have it show the picture, file, whatever, then black out the screen (eventhough it is black, trust me) change the character graphics to what you want your chracter to look like, transport them to the real starting area, then put the screen tint back to normal.

Did that help?

Could you kinda give me a step by step of this? Im not sure what you mean

Rep:
Level 87
This just Forcystus' explaination elaborated upon, hopefully it helps.

Set the starting actor's character graphic to none. Create a blank map and set the starting position somewhere there. Play the AVI. Change the screen color to black. Change the starting character's sprite to whatever he actually looks like. Teleport to where you want the game to actually begin. Reset the screen tint.

Rep:
Level 88
Why make the character sprite none? Keep it normal and at the beginning of the cutscene use the 3rd page of Event Commands. Choose the first row bottom. It says 'Change Actor Graphic' click it. Select the player and select the spriteset to none. And when he needs the sprite again at the end of the cutscene give it back to them.

Rep:
Level 87
Cause its not a cut scene it is a .avi video

I'll see if I can get this working without screwing anything up.

EDIT: Im not sure how to make screen black or reset the tint...

This is what I have so far:

I press new game, I hear the audio from my video (thats it) and I teleport to where I am suppose to be. Only thing not working is seeing the video, not just hearing it
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:13:31 AM by WhiteKnight »

Rep:
Level 87
Still needing help with this... Anyone?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
did you convert the file?

Rep:
Level 87
To what? Its an .avi if that what you are asking.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
upload your entire game folder with movie file.

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry for the extra thread, I muast have click new topic rather then reply.

Here is my game folder

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dr6wc5