RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Charset request:A creature based on Gaara

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hey!Well,on the game im making,there's a creature who was human once and the bad guys experimented on him,transforming him into a monster.The sprite im using at the moment isn't really the creature i want him to be.Gaara,from the Naruto series,is my biggest inspiration for this creature.I dont want a charset of Gaara.If anyone likes a little challenge,well this is what i need:An original creature charset,but inspired in Gaara's half transformed state(see pic).So basically,he can have diferent hair,clothes,anything.The aspects i want from Gaara,is the face,half human,half beast,and the one arm bigger then the other.If anyone wants to try i'd be really apreciatted!! :^^:
"Have you read your STICKY today?"

Well,i was kinda bored from events,and maps...So i decided to try and make my own request.And for the first time ever,i'm creating a character for rmxp.Let me know what you guys think about it.Dont forget its my first.I'll post it again,once i complete it.The request is still up,if anyone wants to try it.You can use the half made creature i got,or make a brand new one.
Anyway,constructive criticism,greatly apreciated!

Well,guess my charset really sucks since no one has commented on it,lol.
But still,i finished it so i'm gonna post the result here,just in case someone wants to use it (wich i doubt).
If anyone wants to try and do the creature,the request is still up,since i myself am not to happy with the results!
Or you can just give me some tips on how to improve the one i made,i would really apreciate that!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
hey its good dont worry your doing fine just what i would have to say in the mutated arm it looks slightly blocky. but otherwise very good .

Thanks for your reply man!(Yay someone cares)*dances around the pc with his arms in the air*
erm....Aham...
OK,what you said about the arm.Are you refering to it in all positions or is there a specific position you meant? Cause i really didn't understand what "blocky" meant... :^^:

Rep:
Level 90
He probably meant that it's just a little too bulky. Either that or he meant that some parts you made a little too, whats the word, sharp edged?
Like the shoulders.
Did you notice that in some pics the bigger arm would bend, and in others it would stay straight...

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Try loading it into RMXP and testing it to see if it animates well...

What you could try doing is using this:-
http://charas-project.net/charas2/index.php

Make two Char's and use the arm from a solider on a normal guy... It should take 5 mins to have a finish Char Set !!!

I custom build mine or edit them... I have never used the above... but it looks simple enough !!!

When you have finished him, enter him in the Char Comp by my Sig ! (Please we need more entries)

The reason I have not made him, as I have so much on right now... And have been banned at work from Drawing !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Thanks for the replies.
Dracohaze,i see what you mean with the sharp edges.When i get some more "inspiration" i'll try another shot at it.For now i had my dose of photoshop,lol.
LoS,those chars are too small.I like the Kaisers because this creature is supost to be big.He alone can destroy an entire village.But thanks for the help.I have loaded it into rmxp and the animation really isn't that bad.The mutated arm really is the biggest problem,but it's not that bad in the animation.The reason why i didn't enter in the charset contest is because my template isn't the one in the rules.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The Template is just there for size Ref only... I think y6our entry will be fine... PM Dracohaze and ask...

Its looking good by the way !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 90
I guess you could enter that into the charset contest, I pretty much only used that template to keep things... why the hell did I use that template?  :lol:

Ok,lol.But instead of working on that one i'm thinking of making a new one.But im going to use the same template.This one was both an introduction to templates and Photoshop to me,so i hope the next will be much better.As soon as i get a little more advanced in my project,i'll give it a try! :wink: