RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Displaying Variables as text in a menu

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
ok im trying to edit a couple scripts to work together..
im using legacys CMS as well as Blizzards DDNS...

Now this is what im trying to do,

I have it so that every time the DDNS switches to day (auto or manual) it adds to a variable (using #3) to basically be a "day counter" now thats all working and fine...
I also have edited the legacy CMS so that instead of steps taken (which i find kinda usless anyway xD) i want it to be "days played" i have most of it done... its just getting the variable to display as a text, ive tried many methods (im new to this script....)

so basicaly where it sais "omfg" in my menu i want it to display the variable that tells how many "days" have been played in my game
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:49:58 AM by ikovirus »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Code: [Select]
self.contents.draw_text (x, y, width, height, $game_variables[variable_id].to_s)

Nice work on the menu.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
hahaha, thanks very much it works...i had something like that originally that i tried but apparently i was doing something wrong, cause yours worked fine lol...

thanks for the comment on the menu to xD, im trying to overhaul it a bit but as i said credits go to legacy for the bones of it.. just trying to personalize it and learn coding while doing it. (done a few code edits, yet to make my own code tho... i am working on a "Stances" code)

anyways sorry for messing up falcon, guess im just a tard
and thanks algebra II for the code xD