RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Small animals

Rep:
Level 87
Quick question, stuff like squirrels and butterfly's, i want them flying around randomly, events for such or what i just did random movement and it looked bad.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
why not just do custom movement? just randomly click up up up turn to player down down so on, then repeat.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

pokeball AiROffline
Rep:
Level 87
For small animals, I find it's better to give them a set path and both begins and ends in the same place. However, they don't have to go directly back and forth.  It can be awkward when your butterfly runs into a tree or some such, so I set up a pattern of flowers and have it trace them at different intervals.  Something such as:

Flowers:

OOOOOOOOOO
OO OOOO   OOOOOO
 OOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 OOOOOOO   OO
      OOOOOO
Then, have a pair of butterflies start toward the center  Possibly at hhese locations:
 OOOOOOOOOO
OO OOOO   OOOOOO
 OBOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOO
 OOOOOOO   OO
      OOOOOO

Then, have the butterflies move around in a set path that occassionally retraces a step or two.  If you use a pattern of 15-20 steps, it will give the illusion of randomness to the casual observer while still keeping them in the correct section of the map.  Controlled randomness. V...
"The Optimist believes that we live in the best possible world. The Pesimist fears this to be true."