RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] My Failure of trying to create a book.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
So, I'm trying to make a boom with my friends, and to put it simply, It involves time Travel. I researched some of the Theroies (fail) and Paradoxs, but some of them don't make sense. Can anyone help me out by saying it in dumb person and I'll get back to you with the first chapter?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:33:17 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Before you write a book you should learn to spell. Also, you really need to do your own research.

Edit: Fucking made a typo.  :mad:
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
What kind of time travel are you looking to do? Going back in time and changing the future?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I have done my own research. Time Tourism is one thing I've expalined. And I spell with spellcheck. :P
And for the time travel, it involves going between the past present and future. the past with Magical Beings. Our current present is represented in the steam punk fashion, and future will have multiple versions as we travel in it. I looked into alot of possibilties, but sometimes, it needs to be spoke in dumd person. if anyone could do that, what would be nice.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Well, I know what you are trying to say, but you should be knowledgeable about this type of stuff before writing a book about it. Common sense. You should go meet up with your local Astrophysicist/Conspiracy Theorist and discuss. Not joking.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I understand enough to have the main concept and write a plot revoling around it. But I'd like to know who you guys understand it. For one, when my charaters go to the past, no matter what they do, nothing changes in the present, because it already happened. And the then the fact that the the future is unperdictable, it changes each times to go there, as i said before. I just want advice. Not critisism. If you want to critise me, wait for the first chapter of the book.

Rep:
Level 69
Time travel may have roots in physics but for the most part right now its science fiction. Make up your own concepts and make it interesting, there's not much we can help you with.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
True. Scalinger's point is mine - criticism.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
To put the obvios, there never will such a thing as time travel. If something hasn't happened yet, wether it be we create it or a future being makes it, it would've happened. Some idiot would have already come back and announced it.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
To put the obvios, there never will such a thing as time travel. If something hasn't happened yet, wether it be we create it or a future being makes it, it would've happened. Some idiot would have already come back and announced it.

That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I was going to give you advice but I feel you're being wanton with your stupidity and as such the only time you will get my advice is during NaNoWriMo when i'm feeling like Anski Santa with writing.

Rep:
Level 69
Well in physics, at some point, if you go fast enough time slows down in your relative state. If someone traveled far away and came back, they would still be fairly young compared to the people of same age on earth. It was like when superman started spinning around earth really fast 'traveling back in time' and saved someone. I don't know how it works but almost anything is possible with large sums of energy and calculations.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
See? Was that so hard to dumb down? Wikipedia is useful, if confusing sometimes.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
And thanks for the dis. I'll just write in silence then, sinc ethat's what you want.

Rep:
Level 69
I don't know if alternate realities and teleportation are connected to time travel, but you could toss those in also. lol

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I do and don't like the spacetime travel idea. It's interesting.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Don't write a book on something you don't understand. Write what you know.

Rep:
Level 69
When has that ever stopped the entertainment business? How often is Hollywood accurate?  8)

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
This is part of the book I thought you might like to a)Critize b) Read c)ignore

Betrayal
Betrayal. That’s what I felt. The initial shock ripped through me, just like the round from Orion’s gun, now embedded in my arm. Then anger, blind, uncontrollable anger. My magic whipped around, breaking the ground around my feet, Telekinetic magic hefted rocks, ice shards, trees and other shrapnel into the air. Revenge took me. I threw a boulder at Orion, but he dodged it. Stinkin’ elite decided to be fast for once. He dodged a tree, and then charged me, head first, The Idiot. I slammed him with a boulder to the chest, causing him to fall to the ground, then the snap of broken ribs. It was comforting, in a sick, twisted way.
   I turned to meet the hocked eyes of Vena, Vero, and Ailey. Paranoia took me as I returned their stare. Were they in on it? Did they plan of betraying me too? They let him shoot me! They could’ve stopped him! SHE could’ve stopped him! My rage jumped to a climax. I sent ice shards at Vero, a massive tree at Vena, and a storm of razor sharp rocks and Ailey. Vero melted the ice shards with a pyro-burst, leaving a puddle of water at his feet. I didn’t think that would get him. Vena jumped on the tree and ran on it. At the end of it, she jumped high into the air, going to land on top of me. I slammed her with my enhanced arm, causing her to go through a tree. 2 down. I turned to see the pebble storm had been destroyed, littering the ground with dust at Ailey’s feet.
“Not bad,” I said to her, “for a girl.” She glares at me. “You surprised me, but not being defeated that. I thought, ‘That’ll get her, for sure’”
She raised her (weapon), her eyes seeming to burn with a lust for revenge.
“To bad… I hope you have a good nap, Ailey,” I say, as I slam a rock to the side of her head, then I watch her fall to the ground.
I turn. Vero. Only Vero, my best friend is left.
“Itzal, what’s wrong with you?! Have you gone mad?!” He yells, his eyes show anger and pain.
“You betrayed me!” I yell back, “All of you! You planned this from the very beginning! You used me!”
“Get it through your thick head already! We wouldn’t do that!”
Wouldn’t you?! You’d go behind my back! You all would! You are the closet things I have to family and you all betrayed me!” I scream as I open the ground around him, binding him within the earth. I walk away. I walk, and walk, until my feet bleed. After 100 miles, I stopped. I tremble, as if I’m cold, but it’s rage, I yell into the wind, my magic ripping away from me, killing all life within 10 miles. I, on the downside, am still living.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
There are several misuses of commas, run on sentences, and I don't even understand what's supposed to be going on at all. You've explained next to nothing about any of the characters' personalities or motivations. Some guy shot the main character and he suddenly wants to kill his friends. What's the background behind all this? Why did the other guy shoot this guy? Why would he suddenly want to kill his friends without even talking to them about the situation first? They're "The closest thing he has to family" and he can't even give them half a second to explain themselves before hurling a bunch of crap at them? 
Also, what does this have to do with time travel? ¯\(º_ o)/¯

Rep:
Level 98
This is part of the book I thought you might like to a)Critize b) Read c)ignore

Betrayal
Betrayal. That’s what I felt. The initial shock ripped through me, just like the round from Orion’s gun, now embedded in my arm. Then anger, blind, uncontrollable anger. My magic whipped around, breaking the ground around my feet, Telekinetic magic hefted rocks, ice shards, trees and other shrapnel into the air. Revenge took me. I threw a boulder at Orion, but he dodged it. Stinkin’ elite decided to be fast for once. He dodged a tree, and then charged me, head first, The Idiot. I slammed him with a boulder to the chest, causing him to fall to the ground, then the snap of broken ribs. It was comforting, in a sick, twisted way.
   I turned to meet the hocked eyes of Vena, Vero, and Ailey. Paranoia took me as I returned their stare. Were they in on it? Did they plan of betraying me too? They let him shoot me! They could’ve stopped him! SHE could’ve stopped him! My rage jumped to a climax. I sent ice shards at Vero, a massive tree at Vena, and a storm of razor sharp rocks and Ailey. Vero melted the ice shards with a pyro-burst, leaving a puddle of water at his feet. I didn’t think that would get him. Vena jumped on the tree and ran on it. At the end of it, she jumped high into the air, going to land on top of me. I slammed her with my enhanced arm, causing her to go through a tree. 2 down. I turned to see the pebble storm had been destroyed, littering the ground with dust at Ailey’s feet.
“Not bad,” I said to her, “for a girl.” She glares at me. “You surprised me, but not being defeated that. I thought, ‘That’ll get her, for sure’”
She raised her (weapon), her eyes seeming to burn with a lust for revenge.
“To bad… I hope you have a good nap, Ailey,” I say, as I slam a rock to the side of her head, then I watch her fall to the ground.
I turn. Vero. Only Vero, my best friend is left.
“Itzal, what’s wrong with you?! Have you gone mad?!” He yells, his eyes show anger and pain.
“You betrayed me!” I yell back, “All of you! You planned this from the very beginning! You used me!”
“Get it through your thick head already! We wouldn’t do that!”
Wouldn’t you?! You’d go behind my back! You all would! You are the closet things I have to family and you all betrayed me!” I scream as I open the ground around him, binding him within the earth. I walk away. I walk, and walk, until my feet bleed. After 100 miles, I stopped. I tremble, as if I’m cold, but it’s rage, I yell into the wind, my magic ripping away from me, killing all life within 10 miles. I, on the downside, am still living.