RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Game over screen

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Just something I whipped up fast in photoshop, I don't plan to use it for rpg maker.  Tell me what you think, first attempt at a game over screen.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:11:30 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It's very simple.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I've always been a fan of nihilism. Great job.

Rep:
Level 87
am I stupid because I don't see anything. >_<

Rep:
Level 87
Im A Legendary Gun To The Max x10
Yea me niether i dont see anything...

Rep:
Level 96
No, you're both stupid for not knowing what Nihilism is.

Lol, jk.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Um...this is spam, and I think it should be moved.

Plus the joke is old and tired... ;9

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'll wait until Bio posts again. It's entirely possible he could have forgot to link the image.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I totally thought I had!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Your game over text has barely any contrast to the background and so it doesn't stand out enough. Also, your text for the list of options are too thin. You should also blend the edges of the red cloud a bit better so that it doesn't turn to black so abruptly.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...Yeah, I agree. Photoshop has a lot of power if you know how to use it. I suggest making everything have its own seperate layer, then using blending options.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I was going for a bloody look, not a red cloud look  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
I used my Game Over screen on Photoshop.

I filled in the artwork all black then used blending effects using a red glow. For the bar behind the art I used an inside stroke of a brighter color [along with using inner glow] to have a bright/dark contrast. Then I used outer glow to give the another contrast. Turned out fairly well.

Text sticks out without losing it's ability to blend in.

You might want to work with blending effects on your text.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah.  The only reason I really want photoshop is for concept art, I really want to get into 3D modeling.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
A friend of mine is into 3D modeling. I've tinkered around with it a little. Needless to say, you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck.

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I'm into 3d modelling and can help you out a bit although haven't made anything in ages but I can still probably help you out

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Let me see some of your work.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, 3d modeling is a time consuming bitch, and nothing looks good unless you build it yourself from scratch because 90% of the pre-supplied models kinda suck. :\

I did these a long while back:

See? They're ok, but they'll never be awesome like 3d art should be because the real stuff is probably done from scratch.

These are old, though. Like 3 or 4 years old. So maybe 3d art has improved since then, or maybe I just didn't know what I was doing. Who knows?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
What did you use to make that?

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
Let me see some of your work.
I'm using a freeware called Anim8r so quality quite low for what I was making and I fucked up a couple of times but will make something especially for you once I finished posting

For Biohazard
Spoiler for:
ttp://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/Elideme/?action=view&current=ScoutJet.jpg

Other work (bad)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 11:02:33 PM by Shadow_Blade »

Rep:
Level 96
What did you use to make that?
Bryce 3D and Poser.

http://isohunt.com

And I was wrong. Those are 5 years old. I'm sure those programs are more powerful now than they were back then...

edit:
http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=bryce+6.1
http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=poser

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Thanks a lot Arlen.

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87