RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Time Progressions

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
Im working on a plot and story design for a game.
If the Game Takes Place at 12am.
And the Plot requires that it end at 3am.
Is it okay to have 3 Chapters in a game, even though itd be more than a 3 hour game?(idk how long the games gonna be)
Each Chapter would be an Hour...

Rep: +0/-0Level 79
>=C
You could put it on a time limit?

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
Maybe, But Im asking, would that be just too weird?

Rep: +0/-0Level 79
>=C
Not in my mind. Honestly, if a game is fun, I won't care if it takes place in one hour increments. It's a unique concept that's worth a shot.

[/genericanswer]

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
So basically, as far as the story is concerned, each chapter would be an hour of story time, even if it takes much longer for the player to get through the chapter?

That doesn't sound weird to me at all. Most games have no concept of time, or a distorted view of it anyway.  I say go with your story idea.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Seems alot like LoZ majoras mask. Good idea though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
The player should be able to do a random monkey dance to skip to the next time if he's done.

Nah, joke, It's quite a cool idea in my opinion, use it!

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..