RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A love meter/event harvestmoon style

Poll

Datable in game party

Good idea
5 (83.3%)
Bad idea
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
In harvest moon you can see how much a female loves you (or male depending on the game but lets just stick with the male version and get on with it)

I was talking with my friends who help me at 4tringlesoft and one of them is insistent on having at least the females in the party be dateable. This is more of a final fantasy type game.

We argued
He won

However we do NOT want the Final Fantasy 7 type of dating we want the harvest moon type of dating.

Female A likes weapons
Female B likes money
Female C likes potions

you get the idea. We haven't really started anything other then ideas. So I was wondering if this was even possible. Such as an added option called GIVE instead of using a potion or equipping something there is a GIVE option. Meaning they will NOT use or equip the item but they'll just take it for possession sake.

I find this an interesting idea for setting up extra events when the heart counter goes up. Again I'm not entirely sure how to set up the counter.

I hope this makes sense.

Rep:
Level 83
Sounds like a decent idea, wouldn't be to hard to make.

Also you can do this by just using variables for the girls. (player does something that A likes variable gets points added to it, or vise verse.) Then just use the variable and conditional branches for it. B is the highest so that is the one that dates or what ever to your hero.

I'm not sure if that setup will work if your using Game maker or anything other then an RPG Maker.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:56:06 AM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

I'm using RPG Maker 2003 so I think that should work ^__^
I'm not entirely sure.

Rep:
Level 83
What is your game gonna be about?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Well we wanted the save the world plot BUT considering I'm sick of that plot

It's the find emortality plot. Considering a good cast wouldn't normally do this for some bizarre reason. Currently we're going to have 5 characters but one is replaced by another character due to plot. For background purposes it's going to be like Final Fantasy 9 type of a setting.

I just got back into programming to be honest. I use to work with RPG Maker XP about 6-7 years ago, and just couldn't stand the battle system. I was able to make a pre-scripted one to work, however my RPG Maker trail expired and I dropped trying to make games until now. So I'm pretty much still relearning things.

Saving the world will naturally follow somehow, though I don't want it to be the main purpose of things until later on in the storyline. I also found out only two people in 4trianglesoft are actually competent so progress will be very slow.

I have an artiest for events. Myself and another. The other is much more talented then I am, and has more resources then I do currently. (My pen for my art tablet is broken so I fail)

I'm more of the story and plot developer, and character designer. I can work with sprites, editing with a mouse is relatively easy for me.

And the third is the my idea bouncer who I can rant to as he writes things down for plot twists.

Graphicwise it'll look like golden sun hopefully. So sadly I'm soloing on making the rest of the game. Which is where you guys come in.

Basically we thought it would be an added bonus to have a dating system as above, for some reason I find that both genders seem to enjoy functions like this. Weather or not it effects battles I'm not sure, but I do want something other then a cutesy/humerus cut scene to happen.

Actually where would the code for this go at the beginning or do I make it an optional event that has to be triggered?

Rep:
Level 83
like, the variables and what not?  They would be in the events that are related to the girls.  Like if you talked to a girl and did something in that event (the girl NPC) you would add to the variable. if you wanted a cut scene that did something that depended on what the values where, you would use conditional branches in that event.

was that what you where asking?
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Oh! I see. I was thinking it would be in the menu area though. Like when you have them use a potion or equip things. I wanted another option being the 'gift' option. Is this possible?

I'm not sure how to change the code for that. Though I could tinker around with it some more till I find something out.

Rep:
Level 83
Well why not make some standard gifts and when you talk to one of the NPCs the player can select a gift option and chose what to give them in a show options event command. (i'm not too sure what all you can work with cause i use RMXP)

like:

player talks to NPC shows options, "Talk" and "Gift". When talk its just that, when gift it opens another selection where the player can chose through types of gifts and then conditions if the items are in the inventory and such.

OR

the gift options opens an item menu script where the player can select an item to gift. but this wouldn't be in the game menu.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Hm this might just work I'll experiment

I'm still kinda have trouble programing. I understand the basics and what not and reasoning, I'll give it a shot ^__^ thanks.