RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Reincarnations (long demo available)

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior

Project Name: Reincarnations
Platform : RMXP
Author : Krosk
Type : Classic turn-based RPG
Current demo length : 3h to 5h
Link : Demo 2f
Note: I'm looking for a proofreader to turn the script into a decent English

PLEASE READ FIRST
Reincarnations is originally a French RPG Project. Hence, you might still see in this topic (especially in the screens) some French word that have been left untranslated at that time. They are now translated in the game. However, there might be errors in translation (I don't speak like a native).

Synopsys :

Reincarnations tells the story of the Holders of Heart, who hold the destiny of the World of Era. They reincarnate periodically to accomplish their mission and fate. Their story spans on 3 eras, and is 6500 years long.

Spoiler for "In detail":
~ Equilibrium Era - a highly technologically advanced world, where human is king.
Rial, detective, discovers the secret of the people who have been called "Holders" for thousand years. Little does he knows that he is also bound to become one of the "Holders". The burden of the humanity's survival awaits him.

~ Oceans Era - 3000 years later - where adventurers and pirates are commons
Kyrel, a freelancer mercenary meets Nelis, a young and girl with amnesia. She has no other objective than "to find these people". Who are they? Where are they? She doesn't know, but they might be the key of her lost memories, and surely more.

~ Modern Era - 2200 years later - a barren world, where humanity struggles to survive.
Eus, geologist, is employed to find water sources. He discovers during his prospection, an underground network of ancient ruins, with a very old notebook: Kyrel's notebook.

As Eus explores the ancient ruins, discover with him the contents of Kyrel's notebook, and unravel a long forgotten story of the past.

What kind of adventure is it?
A "Save the world" tale.

* Modern Era : By discovering and reading Kyrel's notebook, Eus will discover the story of Reincarnations with the player.
* Ocean Era : This era is where/when the story mostly takes place. The player will follow Kyrel, Nelis and their fellows in their quest.
* Equilibrium Era : This era is the story's background. Something big is going on during this era, and the player will learn the root of the story with flashbacks.

The story is organized by chapters, each chapter being a part of Kyrel's notebook. Sometimes, the notebook will miss some parts. Eus will have to search for the lost parts in the ruins, by finding some clues or remembering some facts. Only when the parts are found, that the main story can continue.

Spoiler for "Characters List":

Kyrel : M, 29 years old, Mercenary, main character of Ocean Era.
A mercenary in debt, an outlaw without moral.
Kyrel is a mercenary, who is doing some jobs here and there. He got a huge debt, that's the reason why he spends most of his time working on any mission he can do. To kill, to steal, or to protect, he doesn't mind doing anything as long as it is paid. That aside, he is too self confident and boastful. Maybe his only fear are Bellggus (Ocean Era monsters).

Nelis : F, 17 years old, main character of Ocean Era.
A young girl, a heavy burden, a ancient quest.
Nelis is a young girl with amnesia. Somehow, her heart tells her to search for some people. She doesn't know who they are, she just know she HAS to find them. And she is pretty sure those people might be the key of her lost memory. Personality-wise, she is unsociable, aggressive, manipulative, and other people are just tools to her.

Clann : M, 45 years old, Bellggus Hunter.
A lone hunter with a metal arm, hunting monsters.
Clann is a former monk warrior of the great Kingdom of Sersion. He lost everything dear to him in the past, along his arm, and he is now a lone wanderer. He is known for hunting Bellggus (Ocean Era monsters), under the nickname "Blood Scarf". He might inspire fear, but he is a straight man with morale values.

Magic mechanics :

Spoiler for "See the full list of features":
- Elemental circle :

There are 6 main elements (Fire, Thunder, Earth, Ice, Water, Wind). They do not work in a "rock scissor paper" system, but rather a "mutual weakness" system. Example : If Water is strong against Fire, Fire is also strong against Water. If Water is weak against Ice, Ice is weak against Water. And so on...

2 more elements, Creation and Destruction , have not been represented and play a specific role.

- Aura :

Each character and monster, awaken to magic, has a natural Aura: it determines their affinity with the elements, as well as their weakness. An Aura also opens a range of spells of the same element.

- Core and Minor: :

A Core is a unique elemental orb which can be equipped. An equipped Core gives the character a Minor, which is a secondary Aura, and opens a panel of learnable spells as well. The Minor doesn't modify the character elemental weaknesses though.

- Learning spells :

Spells can be learnt by earning experience, but not through leveling. Learnable spells depends on the character's Aura and Minor. Each spell get its own experience bar. When the bar is filled, the spell is learnt and can be used.

Any learnt spell is learnt for life. But it can be used only if the character has an Aura/Minor of the same element. Since you can change your Minor by changing the equipped Core, you can learn a wide variety of spell. But they can only be used if the Core of the same element is equipped.

- Magic class :

A pair "Aura - Minor" gives a Magic Class. Each Magic Class gives several and different bonuses. The type of the Class depends on the element of the Aura and the Minor. On the example here, a Thunder Aura and a Fire Minor opens the Circular Magic Class.

A Thunder Aura and a Wind Minor opens a Triangular Magic Class, giving other bonuses.

A lot of Class exists. And some spells are learnable only if you have the correct Class.

Battle System :

A classical turn-based RMXP Battle System with new features :

- GP, Gauge Points :

GP, Gauge Points, are a kind of secondary MP. Each character has its own GP pool. Each skill/spell uses GPs. The bar fills up when a player attacks / defends / kills an enemy / performs various actions, and the number of added / subtracted points depends on the equipped Core as well as the terrain influence.

- Terrain influence :

The terrain is under the influence of elements. The player can make a good use of these influences. At each turn, each element gets an associated alignment: Neutral (white), Creation (green) or Destruction (purple).

A Neutral alignment does not change the amount of gained/spent GP. A Creation alignment raises the amount of spent/gained GP. A Destruction alignment reduces the amount of spent/gained GP. A player with a specific Aura, let's say, an Aura of Fire, will see his GP raise or drop according to the alignment of the Fire element.

That is not all. the alignments change each turn and move like a wheel. The player will be able to affect the wheel of alignments.

- Ability :

Each character has his own Ability. It is a separate action from Attack, Defend, or Skills. The ability depends on the character : Combo, Aim, Counter, Analysis... Ability uses GPs.

Clann can mount extensions on his mechanical arm, and by pressing a sequence of arrows, you can trigger some powers.

Corall is able to scan an enemy.

- Chain attack :

If several characters attack the same monster, you can chain their attack to make the attack stronger, regardless of the action's order. Like a multi-character combo.

- Animation :

Some animated battlers, thanks to RO.

General Systems :

- Menus :
Every menu has been modified.

Main menu

Status menu

- Notebook :
The Notebook menu gathers save functions (with a Custom Save Menu), a bestiary, and a quest diary.

Save Menu

Bestiary

- World map and Random Encounters :
The characters will move on a drawn map, each region his own map.
Encounters don’t occur randomly. A gauge fills up when the characters walks in hostile places (typically between places, cities, etc). When the gauge is filled, an encounter occurs.

- Random encounters :
On a map, enemies are visible. They appear around you, go after you, and disappear if they could not catch you.

This way, you can avoid or fight them head on.

- Battlers generators
Humans don't look all the same, do they? In Reincarnation, you will fight many humans.

This is the same enemy, but they will appear with randomly generated appearance.

- Counter and Poison :
The Counter (and his black market counterpart, the Poison) is an important place in Reincarnations which house many services: Quests, Information, and Traveling.

- Quests :
You can complete missions (or quests) in the game.
Some are mandatory to progress through the game, others are optional. They usually rewards you with equipment and money, but some difficult quests will award you with SP, Skill Potential points (see Skill Potential).
Those missions are given by people, through the Counter or when you talk to them.

- Skill Potential :
Learn the skills you want, or need.
Skills are not learnt from leveling and experience. By completing some missions, you are awarded with Skill Potential points, which can be spent to learn Skills.
Each character has his own skill tree.

- Navigation :
Boat is one of the main form of traveling in Reincarnations.

To travel between ports, you need to ask the Counter. They will assign you to a ship, that you will need to protect during its journey.

Choose a destination, choose a ship among a list, and go!

This is the UI you will see during a trip. You can’t move the ship since it is not yours... Many events can happen during the trip.

- Forge :
Weapons and Armors can be upgraded through a system of Quality.

Basically, it is like slotting a weapon/armor with an upgrade. Each Quality has its own set of bonuses, and their exist many kinds of Qualities.
You can upgrade equipment in Forges, though you need to pay and bring materials found on Bellggus.

- Misc :
* Many other things ;)

Screenshot :

Spoiler for "Screenshots":
~ Modern Era ~

WRS underground laboratory

Central Mountains

Ruins

~ Ocean Era ~

A meeting of thieves

A night in the forest

Border

The port of Luciane

Wooden house

The Counter

Video :

Battle System
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxiUvEXuoiw
A bit outdated, but shows battle system mechanics

Demo state :
- Story: Demo show only the beginning...
- Mapping: 10%
- Gameplay: 95%
- Length: estimated to 3h+ at least

-- Team --
Mapping : Aleks, superboss, M&A, cortez, 2DT, mario99, Felis Catus
-- Resources --
Chara : makenshi, Sunwarrior, Nessy, Ruruga, snake22, Ergg, 2DT, mario99, trucbidule
Tileset : shikamaru, Benben, superboss, 2DT
Animations : cortez, ringo
Faceset : Ruruga (http://fayforest.sakura.ne.jp/sozai/english.html)
-- Scripting tools --
Zeus81
Berka
Drakhaine
-- Graphics --
Battlers : Ragnarok Online -from http://rosprites.blogspot.com/
Battleback : Ragnarok Online - Screenshots
Icones : Ragnarok Online and many sources
Misc : Chrono Trigger, Pokemon R/S/E, Uncharted Waters 2, Album de RPGMXP Studio, Water Margin Online
-- Music --
Yggdra Union, Sora no Kiseki FC, SC, the 3rd, Etrian Odyssey, Ar Tonelico I & II, Phantasy Star Online, The Last Remnant, ...

All the testers than have given be feedback and help.

And all the people who have expressed their encouragements.

Final words :
- Again, this project is originally French. I did myself a rough English translation, so the game is playable to English-speaking people. However, you will surely find typos or odd sentences, feel free to report them to me.
- This game relies heavily on gameplay systems rather than outstanding mapping and custom graphics. Hence the heavily RTP style and RO rips.
- Demo is in Beta stage, especially the second half. It might bug, but I will correct them asap.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:49:50 PM by krosk »

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
Looks great dude!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Dear lord...
This must've taken days of script working.
This looks absolutely amazing. I'll download it as soon as my laptop's better.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Oh my, this looks amazing. I plan on trying this when I get home from school today, I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This gets to : O face

amazing work!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Played about 30 minutes of the game, so far the graphics are amazing and I really like the battle system you're using. Your story is really great as well. I haven't really played too much of it I believe as you say it is a "long demo", so I'll be sure to finish it in due time possibly ;8. So, excellent job with this game, nice visuals and quality throughout the game and the opening was great as well. My only complaint was the vast amount of hopping around that happened in the beginning scene with Nelis at her camp, it started to look a bit weird. There are small grammatical errors in the english version but nothing too bad.

RMRK Junior
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

hiromu656 >
My only complaint was the vast amount of hopping around that happened in the beginning scene with Nelis at her camp, it started to look a bit weird.
can you be more specific?
There are small grammatical errors in the english version but nothing too bad.
I made the english translation in a way to be easy to correct, so later if you can pinpoint one or two errors you remember, that would help greatly ;)

Thanks again, I hope you will enjoy more the next part of the game

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It looks wonderful. You've obviously put a great deal of effort into this.

Off-topic, but judging by your title card, are you a fan of 5 cm per second? It's one of my favorite animes. ^^

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Lol, what I meant was that during a scene when the people are going after Nelis at her camp, she runs away, and to follow after her the characters are jumping around instead of running. I guess it's a good way of showing much more cinematic movements, but to me it just looked weird.
Just my opinion of course, I'm not saying get rid of it, that's just what I thought after seeing it.

RMRK Junior
hiromu656 > I get it  ;D, yeah what you say make sense, it didn't occured to me until you said it. I guess I was kinda lazy of me to make them jump instead of run, the map layout didn't probably help.

Acolyte > I'm delighted, you are the first one in this project history (or at least the first one to openly say it) to notice where the title card background came from. Good job! I did like this anime, yep. And the picture was just amazing.

EDIT
: I've been reported that due to a rare bug, the demo may not be played until the end. Here is a new release (Beta2c) with several corrections and tweaks :
- Added missing translation
- Fixed some translation error
- The Main Menu tutorial explains now how to save (you are forced to save once)
- Missing font remainder in the Title screen. If you see this message, please follow instructions in Read-me.txt
- Loot item names were overlapping in a end battle screen, fixed
- When a boat reach its destination, the game was waiting for you to press SPACE. You might not know this, so added a notice on screen

updated link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dnrh73ma8c2a8xk

2nd Edit:
Revised translation files, not included (yet) in Demo 2c. Download it to correct some translation errors in-game. This file will be updated regularily until the game is decently translated in English.

http://www.mediafire.com/?npl641gor9uo7hm

As you might not know, the game is originally French. I did myself the translation into English, but being a non-native speaker, the game script is still full of mistakes. I'm looking for someone to proofread the gamescript, to turn my gradeschooler English into something a bit more decent. If you have played the game, and is interested in making it better for the english-peaking gamers, please contact me!

EDIT:
About the new release (2d):
- Fixed many translation error
- Fixed a crash occuring at the exit of the desert (big bug)
- Fixed a buggy location in the desert (you can't access it now)
- Fixed 2 maps where the teleports were displaced
- Added in a mission log, how many items you have gathered or monsters you have killed, so you can track more easily what you still have to do
- Because I changed the format and mechanics of the translation files, there may be some bugs occuring (it is a bit experimental...)

The game is stable in the French version, but still a little bit buggy after applying the English patch. I reworked the whole system to make it more reliable, but new bugs might have been added.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?p3fbxhav790oava
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:17:20 PM by krosk »

RMRK Junior

After a long week of test and debugging as well as feature adding, Reincarnations is not in Beta anymore. You can download the demo at

http://www.mediafire.com/?p3fbxhav790oava.

The game has been very very appreciated by the betatesters, so try it and leave a comment if you liked it or not ;)