RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Broken Chains

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Newbie
Yo all on rmrk. Recently started an RMXP project so I thought I'd share my thoughts so far.
Forum noob that I am, had to ask friend how to include images in the post, lol.
Probably PG rating at the moment, but not sure.

Broken Chains

Story

Once upon a time in a far away village, a young boy grew up...
As he grew up, he soon wanted to help defend his village, and so he joined the village guard...
Spoiler for:
But a time of trouble was approaching fast...
The Kanton Army began scouring the continent for new lands conquer...

This village was one of it's victims, and so it was attacked.
The village guard was struck down in two swift blows and the survivors taken as prisoners.
The boy was lucky to survive.
Or maybe not so lucky now that he may be facing years of torment as a prisoner...
Spoiler for:

Characters

Spoiler for:
Alexus:
The protagonist. Has a strong sense of justice and has high hopes for the future, but has much to learn about the evils that exist all over the countryside.

Valeria:
A girl Alexus met when he was younger.
She frequently appears in his dreams.

Elother:
A proudly clad man, with a fierce temper.
He is actually a priest despite his abusive and loud language.
Favors the mace to carry out his divine retribution.

Laurence:
A quiet, lone warrior that earns people's trust with his great axe.
He is (most often) calm and friendly, contrary to his outer appearance.

Screenshots (only 1 extra so far)

A small part of the Road to Oznam (full map size 200x30 tiles).
Spoiler for:

Development

Spoiler for:
Currently using only the resources included in the original XP package.
I figured I should try make a working game (story/content/gameplay) before thinking about extras (customized art/music/scripts).

Only script-parts I have re-written so far are the formulae for calculating damage and healing effects for attacks/skills/items.

Thanks

Kitten's Game Post Enhancement Topic! http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,22380.0.html 

Will edit stuff when needed.

05/09/2010: Had to re-install windows, so my 10-20 minute game is gone since I had not backed it up.
Will try and start making a new version of the game, and might make a few things differently (better) this time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:28:36 PM by erenik »