RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Stunning Dusk

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

:Updates:
Recently I got a new laptop and will be able to resume work on Stunning Dusk... I just need to remember what I did with that damn flash drive... hahah

11:22 PM, 4/9/10: All Character Bios elaborated upon except for Beverly's
8:02 PM 5/20/10: Screenshot added

:Name:
Stunning Dusk
:Rating:
T [for profanity and violence]
:Genre:
Fantasy Adventure RPG
:Completion Status:
Not even close...

1. About the Game.
2. Basic Story
3. About the good guys (Heros)
4. About the bad guys (Villains)
5. Team working on it. (if you have one.)
6. Scripts Used (don’t give credit just yet)
7. Thanks

Part One.
About the Game

Inspired by the FF's of old, this game is a throwback/slight parody of how video games end up turning out. I am also implementing a system where, depending on the player's actions (based on a Good/Evil stat), as well as some optional side-quests, they can get up to 4 different endings... A shitty ending, a regular ending, a happy ending, and the true ending.

Part Two.
Basic Story

Our, poor, hero, after an unexplained incident, wakes up an amnesiac. His life in Moondale is re-explained to him, but he never recovered his memories. Over the year since, he had dealt with the loss with no visible problems, and has continued his life where it left off, as a simple guard at the King's Castle. Everything goes awry when Gunther, captain of the guard and one of our Hero's friends, goes missing. And so, our Hero volunteers to lead a team to find out Gunther's wereabouts and bring him back to the saftey of Moondale. This, is where our story begins...

Part Three.
The Good Guys

(Our Hero)

He doesn't remember much about his life prior to his injury, or even his own name, but he does recall little snippets now and then. He's happy with his life as it is now, and is rather good at his job, despite not remembering much of his training or skills. He has been relearning the basics from Aurelius and Gunther, but it still feels like something is missing... He's ailed with extremely vivid dreams about the Dark Lord and his terrible acts of Evil.

Marissa

An apprentice mage under Rosalina, the gypsie psychic, and an unwilling ally to Our Hero. She is only helping Our Hero because Rosalina foretold that it was neccessary that Marissa accompany Our Hero on his travels. She would much rather be doing pretty much anything other than "Questing", but, seeing as Rosalina is her master, she has no choice. Marissa claims to be a fairly decent cook, but that has not been proven as of yet.

Desmond

A street punk who is constantly being thrown in jail for public urination, public drunkeness and disturbing the peace. He was recently thrown in prison after a bar fight ended tragically with the accidental death of the local drunk. When the King tells Our Hero to assemble a party to fight alongside, Desmond joins Our Hero in hopes of redeeming himself, and receiving a pardon from the King.

Celes

A spritely lass who has a taste for adventure, with almost no skills to back it up. She wants to be a strong warrior, like Beverly, but can barely handle her sword. She is, however, trained in daggars and magic, making her an effective quick hitter, and a nice balance between warrior and mage.

Beverly

A strong-willed woman with a fierce temper and an even fiercer fighting style. A knight of the Crux, she joined Our Hero when Aurelius attacked and destroyed a city within the Kingdom.

Natalie

A cynical girl who values cash above all else. She is adept at picking locks as well as pockects. A competant theif, she joins Our Hero as a means to becoming rich and famous, most likely stealing everything that Our Hero has to offer, all while receiving a reward from the King as thanks for her help in this matter.

Marcus

A bit of a "wild child," Marcus was raised in a very secluded home deep within the Forests of Messium. His parents died when he was five years old, and so Marcus has been taking care of himself ever since. He seems to have a natural bond with animals, especially ones that are often seen in and around Messium. He is able to call animals and monsters into battle to use their special attacks, but they often leave after only one attack.

Part Four.
The Bad Guys

Aurelius

A former member of the King's guard, and also one of the most promising. He had recently been assigned to work beside Gunther, which led the latter's dissapearance. He has apparent ties to the dark lord as well as the western kingdom, which is at war with Moondale and Crux. His current location is unknown.

The Dark Lord

A mysterious figure that has been present for more than ten years. He has been destroying towns, completely at random, for years, yet no one (at least, no one that lived to tell about it) has ever seen his face or even know his name. He has not attacked for some time. Apparently, he's plotting something...

Part Five.
Team

It's just me, my friend.

Part Five.
Scripts

Yez Core Fixes and Upgrades (Yanfly)
On-Screen Shop (Woratana)
Damage Popup (Modern)
Tutorial screens (Modern)
Yez Options menu (Yanfly)
Yez Party selection system (Yanfly)
Yes Status Command Menu (Yanfly)
Yezvictory aftermath (Yanfly)
Yez victory aftermath compatibility (Yanfly)

Part Six.
Thanks

Good Cthulhu, who to thank...

Well, there's Modern, who gave me the most help, Yanfly, who provided most of my scripting, Woratana for his scripts, My friends, for supporting me and giving me ideas, and pretty much everyone else here who's ever commented or critisized me.

This is based on my prior project (Twin Tales) only this time I actually have some sort of idea how I want things now, so I figure I should do things right, right?

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:26:58 PM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You need screenshots.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Yush, Screenshots pl0x  ;8 :epic: :dino:

Rep:
Level 90
I just read your synopsis of characters and plot line. And I believe it could be developed a bit further.

Now regardless what people on this board may say (no offense guys), I don't think you need to post screen shots. Because there is already work you can do here or even get help on, and that is your story and what it is you are trying to say as a "storytelling-game-developer."

So...
-We have this character that can't remember a thing after some "incident" that can't be explained (yet).
And the story begins where they are looking for someone who goes missing.

Well that's all that was really said, and some details about the characters.

I am not going to assume if you have more information or not but what you have here isn't much, and doesn't grab anyone yet.
-----
As some advice... telling any story come from what they characters feel, not what they do. What they do acts as triggers for emotional conflicts. Even in a parody, the characters and their relationships to one another are what count, and how those characters change.

Well hope this helps! And keep working on it! :)

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Well, due to the way the game works out, we start out after this whole incident has taken place, but in one ending, the injury happens a different way than in the true ending, and that sort of thing... So basically, I don't want to be revealing too much too soon... Not until I have everything ironed out a bit more...

I am going to start the game, actually, with Our Hero, Aurelius, and Gunther all working together in a small mission before Aurelius and Gunther are sent off to deal with more pressing matters, which leads to the dissapearance (this small mission will act much like the tutorial of the game...) and that is when Aurelius and Gunther will dissapear.

The basic idea of the beginning, is that the player will be given two strong fighters and Our Hero, with which to play around with, before throwing them in the big bad world of baddies... And, while this is going on, I'll be able to develop that both Aurelius and Gunther are very close friends to Our Hero, and that he trusts them very much (which will lead to dispair later when Aurelius turns out to be an evil, bad, terrible, person...) and so on and so forth...

Really, I have some more, but I just don't wanna give too much away, ya know? Screenshots tomorrow, maybe...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I do hope that it's okay for me to necropost :3

You're doing great :D The characters and the story seem okay.