RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SPORE For the Wii, and release estimate for pc announced, AND demo announced

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
SPORE Wii Source
SPORE Release Source

Quote from: 1up.com
Will Wright just can't get out of the news these days. After being inducted into the BAFTA Fellowship and finally announcing a release range for Spore, today he confirmed his ambitious evolutionary game is in the works for the Wii.

"We're doing Spore on Wii," he said to the Guardian Unlimited (via Shacknews), as if everyone already knew. Which we all kind of did, as a Wii version of Spore has been rumored for about a year now. And you didn't ask, but Wright also had a few opinions to share about the current crop of consoles.

"The only next-gen system I've seen is the Wii -- the PS3 and the Xbox 360 feel like better versions of the last, but pretty much the same game with incremental improvement," he said. "But the Wii feels like a major jump -- not that the graphics are more powerful, but that it hits a completely different demographic. In some sense I see the Wii as the most significant thing that's happened, at least on the console side, in quite a while."

Will Wright? More like Will Wiight. But Nintendo's dominating console hasn't completely usurped the PC's place in his heart. "We've got an Xbox 360 collecting dust in the background, a Wii hooked up that we use quite a bit. I don't have a PS3. I still, for the most part, prefer playing games on the computer -- to me the mouse is the best input device ever."

No further details were given on the Wii version of Spore, but considering we still barely know anything about the DS version, it could be a while before it actually materializes.

Quote from: 1up.com
Spore, a title with almost mythological connotations. First unveiled at GDC 2005, in development since the turn of the millennium, this epic of epics tracing the evolution of an organism from single-cell to galactic power has cruelly teased eager Maxis devotees for years. But lo! Relief is in sight, dear friends, as Will Wright says Spore's release is roughly six months away, putting it on track for an estimated Spring 2008 release.

"We have the game fully playable at this point and it's in final testing," said the recent BAFTA Fellowship inductee to the BBC's Radio 5 Live (via CVG). "We've had to do a lot of testing to make sure that the game is accessible by a wide group of people," Wright explained. "I want the people who have played The Sims to be able to play Spore -- I don't want it to be something just hardcore gamers play."

If this six-month timeframe does indeed hold true, it will have been about eight years of development by the time gamers finally get their hands on Spore. But hey, let's see how fast you make a game that holds the entirety of the universe.

Also, a down loadable creature editor will be available before the game's launch, to populate the servers with content before the game's release.
Video Here
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:20:10 PM by Irock »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Now I have 3 reason to get a Wii.

- SSBB
   - Mario Galaxy
   - and now SPORE
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Now I have 3 reasons to get a Wii.

- SSBB
   - Mario Galaxy
   - and now SPORE

Spore???!!!
What about Happy Feet?

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm not as excited for Spore as I was last year at this time.