RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[MISSING] Blizz-ABS Version 0.9.7.2

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
It still might be buggy, that's why it's only version 0.97 for now. You can turn off the caterpillar by just having only 1 party member (there's a prob with it right now, I'll fix it in the next release). Your chars get invisible if they "die" (kinda ghost effect) or if you just set their transparency to true/opacity to 0/character spriteset to none.

About the centering bug: I'm not sure if it has to do with the centering of the characters. I'll look into that. I've had problems with that before already. =/

@Irockman1: Someday, yes. You will have 3 types of weapons: close-combat (melee) weapons (sword, lance, etc.), ranged-combat weapons (flail, boomerang, etc.) and projectile weapons (bow and arrow, harpune, etc.)
With skill it'll be similar: Close skill (obivous), Shooting skills (arrow type, etc.), Area skill (hit enemies around you) and ranged skills (game freezes (OR NOT, you can set it up), you choose to attack any enemy on the visible screen or within the skill range). Also skill will have the option of "Explosion on impact", so the can damage enemies around the target as well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:30:17 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
And, when they die how do you make them transparent instead of blinking?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
That would be so awesome...I think it would be the greatest ABS of e'mm All.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
It will be. ;)

@Irock: I just switch their blending mode to "Add" ("Positive" in PK).
Visit our website.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
It will be. ;)

@Irock: I just switch their blending mode to "Add" ("Positive" in PK).

=. I shall be speechless then...Would it be Compatibable in the Future with the other scripts made by you?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I can try. But many of my battle scripts are made for the DBS. Without edit, there's no chance they could just work with the ABS. =/ Altough add-ons should be still support for the major part. =)

EDIT:
Ok, I have fixed all the problems that were reported in version 0.9.7.0. Now it's 0.9.7.1. ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:55:13 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
There's something wrong with mine, the text won't appear like on the title screen it doesn't say new game, exit ect.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
You should go to the Blizz's tricks thing that was stickied on the tutorials page. There's a font override there that should make it work.

Rep:
Level 88
I can't get it to attack what so ever.
I changed the keys to my prefference.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Have you turned on the "CUSTOM_CONTROLS"? You need to set that value to true before you can use custom controls.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
ok, i set it to true, but now it says the there is no implicit conversion from nil to interger. Do i need a certain code for the arrow keys?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
If you don't give me the line number of the bug, I can't do a thing. Basically the control part should be looking like this:
  class Control
    # using other controls instead of arrow keys
    CUSTOM_CONTROL = true
    # set the next values only if the one above is true
    DOWN = 'S'
    LEFT = 'A'
    RIGHT = 'D'
    UP = 'W'
    ATTACK = 'J'
    DEFEND = 'K'
    SKILL = 'L'
    ITEM = 'I'
    SELECT = 'O'
  end

class Control
    # using other controls instead of arrow keys
    CUSTOM_CONTROL = true
    # set the next values only if the one above is true
    DOWN = 37
    LEFT = 38
    RIGHT = 39
    UP = 40
    ATTACK = 'J'
    DEFEND = 'K'
    SKILL = 'L'
    ITEM = 'I'
    SELECT = 'O'
  end

This would put the controls to the arrow keys.
Visit our website.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah 0.9.7 is pretty good!
the skills are still weird...
I don't like how MP is discharged before a spell hits, but w/e
(I need to make a user animation so that people know they are casting skills)
I also wonder if I can make an animation that focuses on the character and radiates out...

anyways, I also think that when you have the player stop moving during an attack, it really looks like it lags, I liked the smoothness of the older one, when you could move and attack at the same time.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
yeah 0.9.7 is pretty good!
(I need to make a user animation so that people know they are casting skills)
I also wonder if I can make an animation that focuses on the character and radiates out...

anyways, I also think that when you have the player stop moving during an attack, it really looks like it lags, I liked the smoothness of the older one, when you could move and attack at the same time.

well it would kind of look silly if the player moved past the enemy but the animation didnt as well...

Rep:
Level 88
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:31:17 PM by Rpg_Gnome »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
well it would kind of look silly if the player moved past the enemy but the animation didnt as well...

the animation stays on the enemy as when they are in range, it plays the animation for them being hit, not when you attack.

Rep:
Level 88
You might wana add this in to you thing.
Some people using PK need to change some things on line 2511, to change the font size=22, change the 22 to $defaultfontsize.
Thats what was wrong, my friend randy knows some scripting so he fixed it.
Also line line 2737 needs to have what is currently after the = in the script you posted changed to $defaultfontsize also if you want the control panel to work.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet

In almost every game you have to stop for a moment before attacking. And there is still the option to make extra spritesets be used. ::)

And when should they gonna be discharged? They get discharged as soon as you cast the spell. It works the same way like in RMXP's DBS, any other CBS I have seen so far and even as good as all commercial games I have played.

This would cause imense lag and it would glitch if the skill animation is working over the entire screen. =/

You might wana add this in to you thing.
Some people using PK need to change some things on line 2511, to change the font size=22, change the 22 to $defaultfontsize.
Thats what was wrong, my friend randy knows some scripting so he fixed it.
Also line line 2737 needs to have what is currently after the = in the script you posted changed to $defaultfontsize also if you want the control panel to work.

Trust me, there is a VERY good reason why I didn't do it. If you would change another font, it could get crunched together. Same goes for the HUD. The HUD has a limited size, so it doesn't take up too much space. Also it actually doesn't use the size 22 in the bitmaps, I only set that as reference. If I would allow those parameters to be changed through the global font variables, the HUD would most probably either become unreadable or even glitch. As I said, those values are fixed for a very good reason.

And BTW, this isn't a full fix. Dyna uses $fontsize and $fontface to determine the font size and name. ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:30:48 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I can understand that.
Just throwing it out there, cuase I couldnt see the control panel, and I just changed it all to the defualt thing and I can everything works.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Sure, no problem. I used the font Arial which is actually a standard font in every windows. I'm quite surprised you couldn't see it in the first place.
Visit our website.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
In almost every game you have to stop for a moment before attacking. And there is still the option to make extra spritesets be used. ::)

yeah, I know, but without them made, it's kinda laggy looking

And when should they gonna be discharged? They get discharged as soon as you cast the spell. It works the same way like in RMXP's DBS, any other CBS I have seen so far and even as good as all commercial games I have played.

if you read later on, I did say that I'd have to make the skills show an animation on the character so that they know that the MP has been spent.
I know why you have the MP discharged before the skill is used or you'd use it multiple times and blah blah blah, but I just think it's too bad that no animation is keyed in automatically to show that a skill was used.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Right, I got what you meant. I forgot to make the "user animation" work. (>.<)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I just noticed that none of my teleport events work, so i cant get into my buildings or anything......

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I fixed that bug long ago. I'll be sure to check it out.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Want me to post the script?
cuase i got all my text edits in it...