RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[DEMO] Ascent

pokeball ZanOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
"Jesus saves! And takes half damage!"

Well, to start with, here's the link for the demo.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T7FUIXJ0

Ascent starts out disgustingly generic, with some random guy being pulled into a different world.  There he meets some people, blah, blah, and gets involved in stuff.  The story actually starts out pretty slow, but toward the middle you get involved in this whole holy war thing to wake up a sleeping God...It gets pretty out there by the end.  I'll post more about the storyline once it actually exists in game form.  For now, just please trust that I know where I'm going with this.

CHARACTERS

Rien
Weapons: Crescent Blade and Eclipse
(Sword and Gun)
Special: Elemental attacks and "Target" Skills (Heavy damage to specific enemy types)
A young martial arts enthusiast who finds himself
suddenly transported into another world. Although he
has had some training in combat, he is not up to the
standard of a fully trained warrior. He has decent ability
in everything, but nothing exeptional.

Noriko
Weapons: Earth Gauntlet and Flame Gauntlet
Special: Analyze and Mimetics (basically Blue Magic)
A captain in the Black Guard, a small military
organization.  Although she is quite intelligent and
skilled, her arrogance and stand-offish personality
make her difficult to like.  Has high LF, Attack and
Guard, but is somewhat lacking in AP and Reflex.

Reiko

Weapons: Assassin's Knife and Kotaro Star
Special: Status Infliction and Stealing
A young shinobi exiled from her village due to her inability to
master advanced technique. Has the highest Reflex and AP in the
party, but low HP and Guard.

FEATURES

• Modified default battle system (I added the ability to choose between two weapons to attack with and a Limit Break-esque system)
  • In-Game Bestiary
  • Crafting System

And finally, some screenshots:

This is Toire, the first town you reach.

This is the worldmap.  Ha ha. he's so tiny. :D

Enemies literally bounce off when the Repulsor Field is on! Buy Now!

And this is what happens when the enemies DON'T bounce off.

One last thing.  If you do download the demo, read the text file before playing.  There's some stuff you should know in there.  Well, I guess that's it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:08:51 PM by Zan »
I'm a pacifist...
And things get very peaceful when all of your enemies are dead.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks pretty decent - I like the Repulsor Shield. That being said, some of the maps look a little empty.

I'm pretty busy right now, but I will try to find time to play the demo and hopefully give more useful feedback once I've actually played the game.