RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
From the Creator of Futaiten: a New,Original RMXP Project

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Hello, faithful fans of the magnificent Yossy.  Today, I present to you my next brainchild.  This was, at first, an assignment for my Computer Graphics class, wherein I was assigned to design at least five suitable video game characters.  My ideas soared, and I decided to make an actual game based on the premise.  And here it is.

Familiar
(This is a working title.  I think I may have seen anouther RPG Maker game with this name; if that is true, please let me know and I will change my title.  Any suggestions for a title are also welcomed.)

Story Background
In the Giltfeather Region of [insert kingdom/country name here], there is a grand school of the gifted.  Graduates of this school are bonded with a unique animal-like Familar, suited to their personality.  However, the academy is hiding a dark secret.  The result of the player's actions, as well as relationship with other characters (especially your Familiar) will determine the outcome that may decide the fate of Giltfeather.

The Characters
(this is my artwork, please DO NOT link to it or use it for ANYTHING, because that's stealing.  And then I'll cry.)
The Hero
This is your character.  She is the daughter of one of the teachers at said academy, as well as one of the school's most gifted students.  The game begins during the final month of her training, wherein she is questioned by the head of the school.  You, the player, select the answers.  Your choices determine the personality of the Familiar you are bonded with, which is pretty important because the main character does not speak (in typical RPG manner).  Her Familiar will be doing most of the talking in her place.

Shard (in a super action pose!)
A boy who is a classmate of the hero's.  They do not actually get to know each other until they meet up with Jeni after they have bonded with their Familiars.  Shard can be pessimistic, but he will always stand to his morals of justice and all that goody-goody stuff.  His Familiar is a cute fluffy bunny-looking-thing that can't really talk, which really annoys him because he doesn't consider himself a cute fluffy-bunny-thing sort of guy (who would?).

Jeni
A student who trained under the hero's mother.  Jeni is cheerful and energetic, and though you would expect her to stand with righteous morals, she usually takes a neutral stand, seeing both sides of any situation.  She and the hero have the potential to become close friends, but that's up to the player to decide.  Jeni's Familiar is a blue ball of fuzz with pixie wings.

Fall
A student previously unacquainted with the hero.  He doesn't speak much, and even when he does, it doesn't seem to be anything substantial.  As such, he is difficult to build a relationship with.  Most of his time is spent in the academy's massive library, studying.  His Familiar is a feathery, winged lizard-looking-creature.

I am unable to provide screenshots at this time (please have mercy upon my soul, Halo!), because I AM NOT USING RTP CHIPSETS OR CHARSETS.  Here is the only charset I have finished at this time, the hero:

I may need some help creating the remaining charsets.  Mostly because I'm lazy, and bad at pixel art.  So... any good spriters here?  I will probably be able to make the four heroes, but as for the many random townspeople...  Hmm, well, we'll see, won't we?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Sounds interesting. A game, where you decide, how it ends...
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Normally we DEMAND screenshots (lol), but I know you're actually going to work on this game, so don't worry about it for now.
:tinysmile:

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Ahh... pretty neat, you got some talent up your head. Can't wait to see! Of coruse...

Rep:
Level 90
love the way u draw and i think when your finished i will download it.:)
Yay i got a zoo sort of

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Finished tha character descriptions of the four heroes! *points to first post*

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
sounds...great...one thing though, the charset looks a bit pixelated

Rep:
Level 90
~
Yossy, what about Futaiten I really wanted to see that finished!

Anyway had I read over this I dunno what I owuld've said but I'm going to disregard whatever and play it anyway because you're making it =P

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
Awesome-ness. Another soon-to-be masterpeice from Yossy.
I like the storyline, and (as usual) the artwork is great. Good job!
Can't wait for this one.
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
You're drawing style is real neat! Awesome game setup Yossy.
Project:
Legend of Sol: The Blade

Completion: 1%

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Looks neat. ABS or TBS?
Visit our website.

Nice game your doing there and i hope it becomes a decent o-ne too when are you planning onm releasing a demo i didnt get time to read it alll anyways so when will you release a demo anyways good luck with it all mate
I WANT RGE OLD FORUMS BACK

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
Wondering Quest: World War 3%

*Steals pics*

Kiddin' looks nice..
I'm not that cartoon-like-artist...
When I draw somethin it looks real and scary :S

Supervisor... For the real small things... and the finest stuff...
www.rpgs.nl
Woodcutting Xtreme: 94% Stuck on Error

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Thank you, everyone, for all of your comments!  Futaiten is still in progress. I have every intention of completing it.  However, at this moment in time, I am taking a break from it.  Progress shall resume in the imminent future.

Quote from: Lord Dante
sounds...great...one thing though, the charset looks a bit pixelated

It's supposed to!  I like the SNES-style look.  I've put some more thought into this game, and I'm thinking that I might not even use charsets at all.  DUN-DUN-DUNNN!!!  Whatever do you mean by that, Yossy?  YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT!  I will give you a hint: it may result in a 100% hand-drawn game.

Someone mentioned what battle system I plan on using, to which I answer, There are no battles!  Not in the typical RPG sense, anyway.  Familiar is centered around interaction with other characters and the environment in order to uncover the story.  And, Giltfeather is not a very violent place.  Think of Familiar as an Adventure-Mystery game.

One of these days, I'll get around to making a Familiar signiture bar for my sig...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Cool, something different. An adventure. *whispers* try out m BPS... *points to sig*
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 89
*clap**clap* sounds great :D
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Thank you everyone...  Sorry I can't say more about the story, but like I said, it's all revealed as the game unfolds.  I don't want to spoil anything! :O_o:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
about the post about the battle system...maybe...i dunno, you could have minigames against other familiars or something...anyways, sounds great

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I juat posted a basic background... but your welcome to experience the game "fresh and bloody."  I suppose it is a compliment if it means that I would be trusted to create a worthwhile game that would be played by someone who hadn't even read its summary.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Yossy game!
THings only I know about that I will give away that I don't know id Yossy wanted me too!:

Yossy-Music! Yossy made the music thats going to be in this game, and it is not bad!!! KuBlAM!

Custom sprites! How often do yousee RMXP games with custome sprites. Never. duh. 100% of the people who use rmxp use rtp cuz they're all TOO LAZY! FInally! Someone who is putting forth the effort to not just use NO RTP, but also uses 100% custom sprites! Sheesh!
*No offence.

This idea reminds me of that one game mentioned in my sig, except your familiar grows instead of the main character.

Neat game though. Nice sprites, I suck at spriting.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Quote from: Yossy
I suppose it is a compliment if it means that I would be trusted to create a worthwhile game that would be played by someone who hadn't even read its summary.

You got it.
Visit our website.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Quote from: dragonmagna
Yossy game!
THings only I know about that I will give away that I don't know id Yossy wanted me too!:

Yossy-Music! Yossy made the music thats going to be in this game, and it is not bad!!! KuBlAM!

Oh, yeah!  I forgot to mention that!  Recently I downloaded an SPC-to-MIDI converter, so I've been making a lot of MIDIs.  You can't say I composed them, because all of the music is from games that already exist, but I did put the MIDIs together.  I think they sound nice.  I would let you listen to them if Angelfire allowed to me to link to my own files.   :whoa:

EDIT:  Okay!  Here is one of the MIDI's I made that I plan to use.  It is the overworld during the Second Act of Tales of Phantasia.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/rhetoric/midi/top-secondact.mid

You must right click on this and save it to your computer in order to listen to it, because left-clicking on it will bring you to an error 404 page.