RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arrow class is acting wierd

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Quite simply put, I'm calling a slightly striped down version of the Arrow_Actor class(named Arrow_Card) but the arrow will not appear no matter what I do. I have checked the x/y/z coords and they are all defined properly. I have checked the .visible method with the print syntax(if it can be called that) and it's outputting true. I press left or right and I hear the arrow's moving sound effect. On top of that, I'm using the standardized window skin. I have even tried calling Arrow_Actor and Arrow_Enemy but I receive the same results as with Arrow_Card. I am truly and utterly baffled as to why the arrow is doing everything EXCEPT appearing.

Spoiler for Arrow_Card:
Code: [Select]
#===========================================================
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#===========================================================
#Class name: Arrow_Card
#Class version 1.0.0
#Created: 6-03-2007
#==============================================================================

class Arrow_Card < Arrow_Base

def initialize(viewport)
    super(viewport)
    self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.windowskin($game_system.windowskin_name)
    #self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.windowskin('tripletriadskin')
    self.ox = 16
    self.oy = 64
    self.x = 150
    self.y = 30
    self.z = 2500
    update
  end

def update
    super
    if Input.repeat?(Input::RIGHT)
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cursor_se)
      @index += 1
      @index %= 4
    end
    if Input.repeat?(Input::LEFT)
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cursor_se)
      @index += 4 - 1
      @index %= 4
    end
  end
end

Spoiler for How I'm calling Arrow_Card:
Code: [Select]
@arrow_actor = Arrow_Card.new(Viewport.new(0, 0, 640, 480))