RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A Very Noobish Request

Rep:
Level 88
I'm sorry for this noob request, please don't get mad at me for posting this or anything.xD

I'm REALLY confused on almost everything. I'll be back to post more questions, but my main concern is: How do I put monsters on the map for RPG Maker XP!? I know how to edit monster's stats, rename them etc. , but everything else on how to put them in play is just confusing for me. This is my first question, please answer in good detail.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
DO want to be able to see the monster, and press the action button to fight it? or have monsters come out randomly?

To do the random just go to the left side, under the tile's. and you will see the names of maps you have made. right click which ever you want to have monsters, and click map properties. Then in the box on the right you will see a section that says troops. Double click in the space, and select the troops you want to show. Then on the bottom you will ssee steps average, set to to how ofter you want your monsters to appear.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
DO want to be able to see the monster, and press the action button to fight it? or have monsters come out randomly?

To do the random just go to the left side, under the tile's. and you will see the names of maps you have made. right click which ever you want to have monsters, and click map properties. Then in the box on the right you will see a section that says troops. Double click in the space, and select the troops you want to show. Then on the bottom you will ssee steps average, set to to how ofter you want your monsters to appear.

Oh, allright, thanks for the tip, I'm guanna go try it to see if it works.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
did it work? and what are your other questions just post them here instead of starting a new topic

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
if your needing help ask in the TS forum
thats what its made for..

make a graphic of teh moster or
map properties, enemy encounter

kk jonny?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
did it work? and what are your other questions just post them here instead of starting a new topic

I just have one more question and this can be locked or something: How do I put on different levels? You start off with one map, how do I equip another one?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

I just have one more question and this can be locked or something: How do I put on different levels? You start off with one map, how do I equip another one?

i need more info on what you are talking about.

Rep:
Level 88
I mean, when you first open RPG Maker XP, it has only one map for you to work with- one map. You know, you can add features to that one map, but it's like the only one you have when you first start. How do I create or add a different map or another room?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Right above that map on the left side under tileset, you should see the name of the project you are working on. Right click on the name and click add new man. Use that to create a totally new map. If you want to organize your maps, say under the first map you already have if you want to make a house interior, then right click the map name and click add new map.

Rep:
Level 88
Right above that map on the left side under tileset, you should see the name of the project you are working on. Right click on the name and click add new man. Use that to create a totally new map. If you want to organize your maps, say under the first map you already have if you want to make a house interior, then right click the map name and click add new map.

Oh okay, thanks for the help, I really appreciate. That's all of my questions right now.