RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A belated apology

Rep:
Level 82
Back in December/January, i had started a game and was asking for testers, some of you may vaguely remember, it was titled Azrath?

anyway, back in early january i suddenly became inactive and left a few people without an updated and testable demo, this wasn't out of rudeness, or general jerkiness, i unfortunately suffered from the "blue screen of death" and was left with a useless machine and have only recently finished saving for a new one, i just wanted to apologize to every i left wanting to test the game (although im sure it wasnt like a million people, i know a few people were like "omgwtf"), so i am sorry guys, but dont worry, production will start again in like 3 mins, i do however need to start from scratch and recover all knowledge i have since lost, but i will be looking for new testers again soon.

sorry guys.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:46:45 AM by shane2243 »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, whenever I get a BSoD I have to spend hundreds of dollars on an entirely new computer.

Rep:
Level 82
it sucks, and i needed a new comp like asap, so i had to settle for a not the best laptop...but its good enough for what i need it to do...finally i can finish my crafting work =]

oh the work i put into that =[

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
did you try to recover the hard drive? or did you just throw it out.

Rep:
Level 82
did you try to recover the hard drive? or did you just throw it out.

ive still got it all, i reckon i could get the hard drive up and running as an external thing, but i got bsod right after i downloaded something, would this not affect it?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
um when did the bsod happen, right after reboot every time? you should still be able to recover the data as long as the drive is readable and not fried. it may just not be bootable anymore from some sort of error. what did you download?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:35:07 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 82
comp goes to the "windows fucked up...start normally, safe mode...etc." the no matter what i choose it does the xp loading symbol the blue.....i dwnloaded game maker 8 just before it happened....i got it from download.com aswell

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
well then it fucked up something. but i don't think it was a virus or anything(I trust download.com) you should be able to recover the files somehow. if you have a pc lying around somewhere that you could slave that drive to you should be able to recover whatever you want.

otherwise you could get an IDE enclosure for something like 20-40 bucks and you could access the stuff that way. as well as being able to format it after you get what you want and use it as a storage unit.