RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A few questions. (RM2K3)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Ok, so I searched through the Tutorial pages and could not find these questions.
If they were already ask/awnsered please direct me to that page.
Here are my Quetions.

1. Boss Battle Music: When a boss enters the screen on one of the maps in begins to play a certain music type. But once the battle starts it goes to normal music. How to i make the music play through the battle? -Resolved-

2. Weather Problems: On a certain map of mine I want it to rain... I got the rain to work but when it begins to rain my character cannot move. -Resolved-

3. Is there a way to have cannoe or Raft work like it did in FF1? Where you walk up to a river and it will automaticly appear and you can move accross the water? -Resolved-

4. I've never made a Vehicle before. How would I go about making one. A Boat for example. Make it so When I walk into it I can move across the water as the boat?
-Resolved-

5. Teleport: Ok so how does teleport work? I have it set up how <RTP> Has it but I've never played with it before. does it teleport you outside of the Area you are currently in? I mean the Skill Teleport. Like when your character Cast it.

Thanks in advance.
I am bound to have more questions though so I will update it as soon as I have more. I may even take my questions that I have used on other post inorder to reduce the amound of topics I have running.
Thanks again all who helped.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 04:22:48 AM by Despise »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm not too familiar with 2k3 unfortunately, but:

1. Before initiating the battle, go to the Event command "Change System BGM" on the first page of event commands. Click it - choose the event as "Battle" and change the associated BGM to the Boss Battle BGM

2. stop the event that starts the rain. Use the event command Erase Event (3rd page of event commands). I don't know if that's the problem, but it's something to try.

TY Modern.
For the weather tho Ive got a new problem... I only want it to rain while in that area. when i go to next area i want it to go away. But I can now move in the rain thx to you :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:10:13 AM by Despise »

Ok Old questions figured out. added 3 and 4.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
For number 4, go to the event layer and either right click: place vehicle starting point (boats automatically only travel on water, you can change this in database) or add a new event in which you go to event commands>2>Set Vehicle start point (7th from the bottom on the left hand side) and place in water connected to land.

I have always been curious about 3 myself.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Ok then. Thanks to NPC I now have #4 understood. Still need help with #3.
Thanks again NPC.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Yes, it is possible.

It'll take a while for you to set up though. What you need is an autotouch event (or on action key, if you'd prefer) that teleports the boat.

On the second event page is the command "change vehicle location" you can use that then teleport it to wherever you wish. Unfortunately you'll need to manually add every single event, as the teleport location will be different.

Hope it helps.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
still, it wouldn't have the same feel.

In FF1 whenever you attempted to walk over a river (after getting the item: canoe) your character sprite would change into that of a canoe and you would move at regular speed (though monsters fought/backgrounds in fight would be different) upon exiting the river your sprite would revert back to normal.

This could probably be done by complicated eventing, though I don't know exactly what way would be best.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

I suspected it was something like that Jonesy. I'm sure that works but its too complicated for me lol. Thank's Jonesy though since anyone else who has that question and actully doesn't mind the work im sure that info is very useful. And like NPC said its just not like FF1 which is the setup im looking for. Good info though. Ill wait a bit more to see if there is a more similar one. otherwise your awnser is probably the best.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I see.

How about making the water passable and having events on every square of water next to land that changes the characters graphic to the ship, and on the shore changes the character graphic back to human?

not only that, but if you go into the monster group settings. find any monsters that would appear on the world map and add a trigger: If switch boat is on, then change the battle background. And turn the switch on/off depending on weather your character is man or boat.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Haha, that's exactly what I was about to suggest, Jonesy. Like, it's scary how similar my post was...

That would be your best bet, though. It'll take about a minute of ctrl+v, but it's almost exactly how it works in FFI.

That's exactly what i was looking for Jonesy Thank you. Ill mark that as resolved.
And its the thought that counts Sirus. :P

The Archivist of Ivilandar
Okay, since your teleport is the last question, I'll answer it. When setting the location of the teleport, on the sidebar you can click the map then the square they appear in. This allows intermap connection. But if you use Teleport, remember to have Proceed with movement so you can move after the teleport.
Come by and see my handmade, yet incomplete, site for my game series Midori

Oh my bad I forgot to mention.
I mean the Skill Teleport. Like when your character Cast it.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
in map properties, make one map allow teleport, when the player goes to that map and he has the teleport skill, he can automatically teleport towards that map :p