RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ABS character stuff

Rep:
Level 87
okay.. so i have all of the charsets for an abs.. but how do i attack? do i have to set the battle up a certain way? and what about my character swinging a sword? i have that set, but how do i apply it?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
dude press I think alt it shows controls and I believe F is attack.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
how can i change the controls ?

Rep:
Level 87

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title

Rep:
Level 87
not solved. i still dont understand the battle set up for abs

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
go to tools and script edit. go down to blizz's abs and read a lot of the top of the scripts..its has instructions

will help you ALOT

"# b) Creating enemies
# Make enemies in your database. Adding enemies on the map is done by naming
# the appropriate events. Use folling syntax in the name to create an enemy:
#
# \e[X]
#
# where X is the ID of the enemy in the database. You can freely name the event
# like you want, only be sure to include this syntax to create an enemy."

Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
If I understand this properly, all you have are charsets and no system in place?

Well, you could build an ABS out of events, but only if you're a good eventer. If you aren't, you are better off getting a script. Most ABSes I've seen are not compatible with multiple graphic sets, but you could request to have that feature added. But if you don't know how to event this, then you need a script, because eventing an ABS can get complicated depending on how in depth you want the battle system to be.

Rep:
Level 87
Well i just want this:

1:enemies walking around
2:player walks up and swings at enemy
3:enemy hits back
4:both can take damage
5:player can defend and not take damage
5:enemy leaves behind item

i have attack and defence charsets.. so yeah..

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Well, I'll give you the basis for an event ABS, but I still suggest a script. Anyway, you need a common event set to paralell process, called by a switch which you activate at the beginning of the game and never turn off. You will need to do a few things. First, you will need enemy HP stored as a variable. You also need to know how to use conditional branches, as attack will require three conditions: first that the player is pressing the respective button. (You can check button controls by pressing F1 in play test). Next you will need to check proximity, and third you will need to check that you are facing the right direction. The first one is just to know when to show animation, and the others are to do damage. That is the basic skeleton of your event, but if you don't know eventing, then it won't be enough. I still suggest you get a script.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Modern, he has a script. He is using Blizz's ABS.

Rep:
Level 97
oh?  :o sorry

Just ignore me then. I wasn't aware that Blizz's required multiple char graphics. I still don't think it does. But yeah, "F" is attack, "D" is defend

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
It doesn't REQUIRE multiple graphics. You can turn it on so it uses them, but you can turn it off as well if you don't care enough for your game to become awesome. ::)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!