RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] How to make a teleport common event

Rep:
Level 85
how would i make a common event that remebers a location that the player can set and teleport to by using a item or spell?

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Wrong section. Anyways, I will tell you. First of all: I have already explained in the tutorials section how to do it with items. You might wanna check that first. If you don't like it/don't understand, I'll tell ya all ya need to know!

Here ya go!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:34:49 PM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 85
Sorry not quite what o s was looking for. what I was looking for was for there to to be 2 common events one to remimber a location that a player would set where ever he/she wanted. then another common event to teleport them to that set location.

See as you know im working with blizz abs, and i thought it would be a nice way to travel. also a nice way to help out in battles that get to rough, or to back off a bit to get a beeter shot off with a ranged weapon.

Rep:
Level 86
Oh, I thought it just activated a location at some point in a game and then you activated the normal event... but I see what you mean. One Common Event would be all I think though. Just a sec, and I'll explain it...
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 85
 ok i fooled around with it a bit more, all i really need to know is how to store what map the player is on and the players x y cordanates. then to be able to pull that info later on to teleport to that point.
 this will  make the player able to teleport using either a ability or item in combat <blizz abs>, giving the game a whole new turn. would later like to some how get a simalr common event like this for enemys to teleport around.

Rep:
Level 86
You need only three variables: one which you make the Map ID, one for player X and one for player Y. To make a varaiabe become the Map ID, choose Other from the long list of possible things to set it to! :)

Rep:
Level 85
Ok ive tried this all b4 though its not working i have a event that take the map id stores it and then takes the X, Y coords and stores that also. then the other common event calls those 3 variables back up and teleports you to them. but it dont work right for some reason theres a error when changing maps and usualy dosent go to the right x y coords

Rep:
Level 86
What did you choose for the coordinates? Screen or Map coordinates?

Rep:
Level 85
Map lol im not stupid besides i cant even get the basic teleport to work to exact loction with out through in the fact that this should work betwwen any and all maps.

Rep:
Level 86
That's weird... I'll go through what it should look like, and we'll see what's wrong...
When player reaches a point in the game he wishes to be able to teleport to, he can press a button to remember it, am I right? First of all, not always do common events work, and I would recommend having a switch for places he must not be able to return to. Use, maybe... the L button (that would Q). Use a conditonal Branch for this.

The use a Variable Control command, that remembers the current Map ID in a variable, and a different variable for X and a third for the y coordinates. Simple enough. So when the player presses Q the Map ID and his/her exact coordinates are remembered. Now with another Common Event (have a parralel switch trigger here as well- why not the same as before...?) do so that if the Map ID variable is 0, then nothing happens. If it is larger than 0 then you use a Transfer Player command to the Map ID and the X and Y of the player's remembered location. You seem to know it, but maybe you accidently missed something?  :-\ If it doesn't work, you might want to try to have 2 parralel process events on every map in the game :P...

Rep:
Level 85
lol making it more complicated then it is if i could just figure out the whole save map id and xy. then recall it later i would be able to do everything else but its not working

Rep:
Level 86
That's really, really weird. And you have used simple Variable Control commands? I'm sorry, I don't see what's wrong. Maybe it's because it's a common event? They don't always work for some reason...

Strike that. I have attached a demo with how to do it with items (request from Caesis).

You need a common event and 3 variables. The common event should not have a trigger. Just copy the demo stuff, and add a conditional branch at the top that makes it only work if you press a specific key!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:02:52 PM by Demonic Blade »

Rep:
Level 85
thanks a ton i see what i did wrong now i seemed to have left a switch condition on the common event. wouldve never saw that if i didnt look at it. tryin to get the button thing to work. with the blizz abs key over ride might have to dig in the coding a bit.
thanks though really helped me out maybe i could give you a little peek at a striped down version of my game dont want to give to much of a looksie out this early yet, but ill show you what ive done with it for sure.

Rep:
Level 86
I'd like it (who wouldn't?!) but I don't think it'd be needed ;)