RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chrono Trigger DS

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
A chrono cross sequel or remake would be brilliant and epic.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I liked what they did with Final Fantasy 4 for the DS. I don't have anything against Chrono Trigger, it's a real neat game and all that but :x seriously. Unless they add heaps of new stuff and make it worthwhile then they can just s my d
:taco: :taco: :taco:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I liked what they did with Final Fantasy 4 for the DS. I don't have anything against Chrono Trigger, it's a real neat game and all that but :x seriously. Unless they add heaps of new stuff and make it worthwhile then they can just s my d
I'm up for that.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Yeah, I own it on PS1 and I also have it on my psp, and i've beat it twice pretty much, so I want something new or else I'll just stick with those copies until I find it in a bargain bin.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 89
This sounds absolutely horrible D:

Whu?
Please explain.

I have just had enough of all the 'remakes' >_>

Heres the game that need would be cool remakes i mean real remake. not the re-release on a different
platform and put some extras in it. like resident evil 1 remake.

list of remakes:
-FF7(never going to happen)
-FF6(I hope they think about it)
-FF9
-FF
-FF5
-RE 2 and 3
-LoZ:ALTTP(just a idea)

Hasn't final fantasy been rereleased like 800 times, like on gameboy, and DS and psp, i mean seriously, the first two sucked. I think ff6 would look great in a 3D style, but whatever.
FF remakes were all ports to those systems. Except when they put it on PS with better graphics. I would think that FF6 would have done better than FF7 if there was a remake.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
OMG. if they screw this up im never talking to square again :D

Rep:
Level 87
We should get a remake of FF1...

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
We should get a remake of FF1...

I have a feeling they are going to remake Final Fantasy V and VI the same way they did III and IV. If I am correct, I know FFV and FFIV are going to be awesome.

I think they just left the first two out since they have been remade more than any of the others.

Rep:
Level 87
I thought IV had been remade the most.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
This sounds absolutely horrible D:

Whu?
Please explain.

I have just had enough of all the 'remakes' >_>

Heres the game that need would be cool remakes i mean real remake. not the re-release on a different
platform and put some extras in it. like resident evil 1 remake.

list of remakes:
-FF7(never going to happen)
-FF6(I hope they think about it)
-FF9
-FF
-FF5
-RE 2 and 3
-LoZ:ALTTP(just a idea)

Hasn't final fantasy been rereleased like 800 times, like on gameboy, and DS and psp, i mean seriously, the first two sucked. I think ff6 would look great in a 3D style, but whatever.
FF remakes were all ports to those systems. Except when they put it on PS with better graphics. I would think that FF6 would have done better than FF7 if there was a remake.

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/final-fantasy-64-ff6-cgi-tech-demo/ 

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
That was just a demo Square did to see if the N64 would be capable of what they needed or if they needed to jump ship.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Final Fantasy VI needs a new rendition. That game was basically what got me into rpgs in the first place, aside from Dragon Warrior. Although, I was like 8 then. I hope that if they do a 3d remake of it, they don't use the chibi/superdeformed models that they did in FFIV DS. A little more realism would be nice, since the game has some serious undertones.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I wish they'll make a Legend of Dragoon remake. ;8

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
DoS is pretty old. There are new remakes of FF1 and FF2 for PSP. They're pretty sick. Kind of like Hi-Def Old School RPGs.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
GBA version is 4 years old, and IGN says the PSP version is meh.

Is PSP emulatable on non-gaming computers, yet?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
I don't know. I bought one because it's like a portable emulator. The games aren't really good enough to want to play on a comp. Also, the PSP FF1 is pretty much the same thing as the DoS version, but with way better graphics and effects. Oh, and an extra dungeon. IGN has stupid editors. They're probably just sick of the same game coming out over and over.

Rep:
Level 87
DoS is pretty old. There are new remakes of FF1 and FF2 for PSP. They're pretty sick. Kind of like Hi-Def Old School RPGs.
Hm, I meant a 3D FF1. It could be really crappy, but it could be really good.

I can't say that this doesn't look extremely awesome though.

Rep:
Level 85
I dislike most remakes too, but I'm genuinely excited about this one.

I'm getting this for sure!

I wish they'll make a Legend of Dragoon remake.

I'm with you there, Legend of Dragoon is actually my favorite console RPG of all time
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:04:55 PM by Schoulayer »

Rep:
Level 89

I'm with you there, Legend of Dragoon is actually my favorite console RPG of all time
That was an awesome game. A remake would give me reason to have faith in Square Enix again. ;8 ;8 ;8

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
my Square remake list

FF VII (a boy can dream can't he)
FF VI (...different then GBA)
FF IX (Ummm 3rd fave FF)
Chrono Trigger (different then GBA)
Mario RPG (in 3D)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I thought IV had been remade the most.

It hasn't been remade at all, just ported
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

That was an awesome game. A remake would give me reason to have faith in Square Enix again. ;8 ;8 ;8

Quoted for truth.

I think some games should be remade into full length movies. By that, I don't mean one single gigantic cinematic scene cut from FF7 and retitled Advent Children, but actual movies either based off a game or be precisely consistent with its plot. I can't specifically name any games at the moment since it's been so damn long since I've played any of the old ones, but FF9 is for sure one of my favorites and I think could make for an interesting spin off.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 08:58:40 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 94
When are people going to admit to themselves that FFVII is a mediocre game in a legendary series? I mean, sure, for its time it was a fun game, and not a bad entry, but it just does not hold up to the RPG standard. Try playing through it again, and you'll see what I mean. Ok, so aeris dies. Big deal. Tellah died, and his death was much more Epic. Just because he was a 16x16 sprite doesn't make his death any less important. Storytelling, my friends.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
FF7 is overrated. Full-stop.