RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Guild Wars

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
So after all the preaching I do about how it is the best MMO, I figured I might as well make a topic about it.  Here are my three most used characters:
Hyde Boancrack

Guldo Arroto

Slythe Onagu

Guild wars has no monthly fee, 10 classes if you have the expansions, a virtually limitless way to customize your character, over 500 skills, a huge map for each of the three campaigns, 8 player multi player outside of a town area, so there is no kill stealing, tons of items and weapons, and a huge database of strategies for battle.  I highly recommend the game to anyone who has a computer, if you want to ask anything about it feel free to, or discuss a character you have or a guild you are in. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:56:48 PM by biohazard »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Lineage II is a better NCSoft MMO, imo.

Rep:
Level 87
The character I mainly use is an Elementalist/Nuker named Yin Yang Mage Gaia. Most of my characters have Yin Yang in their names. Why? Because I felt like it. :mad: Picture is attached.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Nuker isn't a class, elementalist = nuker.  I'm going to assume you mean mesmer so you can echo rain things, but I dont know.  I've never played Lineage II.

Rep:
Level 87
Well, I am an Elementalist/Mesmer ;D, but my friends refer to Nukers as fire magic-users. But doesn't nuking actually mean causing great amounts of damage to a number of enemies? I guess the only reason some people think that nuking is fire magic is because, well, there's so many nuke spells for Fire Magic. Well, whatever.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, a nuker is an AoE elementalist usually, but necromancers can now deal more damage with SS and echo.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I play a W/Mo named Krael Thunderarm, but i want to change my secondary to assassin due to a great build my friend showed me.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Depending on what you want to do with your warrior, I might suggest against it.  The two well running heavy builds for a warrior right now are ursan and obsidian tanks, ursan is better if you have eye of the north, otherwise you can change to elementalist and have obsidian flesh.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I've had this game since July 05 and loved every second of it, sadly I stopped playing for a while (Until holiday season 07'), but I got back on track.
I only own the first game, but considering gettin either EotN or NightFall. I had a trial of Factions, but I don't think I'd buy it...
Guild: Nights of the Round [NotR]
Jack Rex (My main character) [He's as far as the Wilds, all bonuses down up to the wilds too]
Warrior/Mesmer (I think mesmer is a really powerful class, but I also think they're a pretty hard class to get used to)

Dinmer the Small (secondary) [He's as far as Aurora Glade, most of the bonuses down up to it]
Monk/Necromancer (M/N is a powerhouse class, he's my original character, but I stopped playing him.

I'm on alot, so if you see me on, feel free to ask me for any help that you may need.
(Also, Arwym plays, but I forgot her chars name.)

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
You should join my guild.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

This is sorta awkward, because my brother's friend has a guild who my brother wants me to join, I'd like to join your guild and stay in the guild I'm in all at the same time...
Is it Luxon or Kurzich? Because if it's Kurzich, I'd probably quit my current Guild and join. Or if it's not, I can always get the Kurzich armor from EotN Asuran, 'cause it's the same skin.

Also, do you know if there's armor in the underworld? I did a mission with this guy who went to the underworld and got some cool armor, but I've only seen it on him, and he said it was from the underworld....so, I'd like to score some underworld armor, but I don't want to go down there and risk getting killed if it's not there. :P
I'mma add all of you guys to my friend list.

P.S. Do you have any shields that require like eight or nine strength, because I would like a better shield, but then again, mine isn't all that bad. I have a bunch of items in storage and items that I carry around for a bunch of different class, so if anyone would like some weapons, I got em.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Is it Luxon or Kurzich?
Neither, I don't have factions.

Also, do you know if there's armor in the underworld? I did a mission with this guy who went to the underworld and got some cool armor, but I've only seen it on him, and he said it was from the underworld....so, I'd like to score some underworld armor, but I don't want to go down there and risk getting killed if it's not there. :P

I don't think there is, and I don't think you grasp how large the UW is, chances are, if you go down there unprepared to farm, you will get killed.

P.S. Do you have any shields that require like eight or nine strength, because I would like a better shield, but then again, mine isn't all that bad. I have a bunch of items in storage and items that I carry around for a bunch of different class, so if anyone would like some weapons, I got em.
Yeah, I usually have max weapons lying around, I'll give you some.  Add me as a friend.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I already added you, I'll see you on!

Neither, I don't have factions.
I see...neither do I, got the trial, great amounts of EXP from the quests, but there's too much back tracking.

I don't think there is, and I don't think you grasp how large the UW is, chances are, if you go down there unprepared to farm, you will get killed.
He was level 13 when I met him, lol. But anyway, once I hit twenty I'm going down there with my brother. (He's a level 20 W/Mo)

Also, when can I change my secondary class, I heard in the crystal desert, and if I do, do I loose all my Mesmer skills and points into mesmer stats? If so, will i get them back as free points if I change my secondary?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Going on there right now, as Reika Enarna...  But I am not going to be online for more than two hours.  I got other things to do.  :)

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'll add you to friends.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks for the help today.  :)  I will post a screenshot of my character later.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Jack Rex is now level 20, updated screenshot:

I seriously dig my new shield: Ageis (Green) 30+ Health, -5 Damage Reduction. Bought it off a player for lots of items :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Add me to you guys!
I have an Exalted Aegis...GW seriously hates me though. Most of the loot I get from chests is 1 point off of max, which of course means nobody will buy it. Fucking BS I tell you.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Consider yourself on my friends list.  Do you want in the guild?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
maybe. The guild I was in on Friday probably kicked me for "inactivity"...
Plus they never do anything.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I kicked out my previous members after they weren't on for over a month

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
well, yeah, thats understandable.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
So do you want in?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i dunno. Maybe. Does it have other rmrk peps?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It has SeuJorgeRex, and I've been trying to get Arywm to join the guild.  I have a hall and a cape for the guild, and since I know you over the internet somewhere else, you can be an officer.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Eventually, I'm going to buy NightFall and EotN.
Dante, I'll add you to my friend lists.

Anyone here PvP? I just started, and I really like it. I usually use Jack Rex, but I have a PvP character, which I'll probably delete because I never play her.
Also, Bio, I think I got a member to join Eight Deaths, she said she's really going to consider it. From what she told me, I'm assuming her guild isn't very helpful.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I should get into pvp again, I have three level 20s.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I should get into pvp again, I have three level 20s.

Yeah, Jack Rex is a pretty good PvP character. I usually ask people I party in for their unidentified purple warrior weapons so I can unlock PvP shit :D

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I played a few matches...overall I am not built, as a warrior, for PvP.
I get owned, really. The only thing I found I was good for was making them not get to say, our rangers or eles.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I went out and capped like four more warrior elite skills last night, and I'm working on making hyde a pvp character.  It's going okay, I have backbreaker and some other good hammer skills, I have headbutt and I can be a necro with plague touch, so I got some stuff going.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I found the boss who you cap Deft Pain from, but it's beyond hard to try and kill him along with his three ice imps with the level 10 henchmen.
Also, Bio, you're totally right about Dervish, they are rigged, I was in a battle against one and I couldn't get it past 80% Health, it did end up taking out the entire team.  :-X

EDIT: I finally beat him!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 04:39:40 PM by SeuJorgeRex »

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The elite skills I have for my warrior are:
Charging Strike
Defy Pain
Headbutt
Magehunter Strike
Gladiators Defence
Backbreaker

Skills I want:
Charge
Hundred Blades
That one axe elite that does fast damage
And lots of elites from factions

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Agreed.
I need to get factions so that I can get more elite skills. the only one I have right now is Rage of the Ntouka, which, while great, is the only elite skills I know where to find for a warrior. = |

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Agreed.
I need to get factions so that I can get more elite skills. the only one I have right now is Rage of the Ntouka, which, while great, is the only elite skills I know where to find for a warrior. = |

http://wiki.guildwars.com
Search there.
Factions does have some nice skills, but I don't know if I'd buy it just yet, maybe after I get EotN or Nightfall. I'd probably get EotN then get Factions.
I only have two for Jack Rex, Defy Pain and Expel Hexes (Got it from my Factions trial).
I started a new character, a Mesmer/Fire Ele, he's pretty powerful, I'm going to try and work him up to level 10 before doing the academy, I want him to have a survivor title. :o Wish me luck on that!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Let me just say to use that guild wars wiki for PVE and for PVP use this: http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Wow, that wiki has some amazing builds...
You know what's kind annoying, when ever I go on, Bio has usually been offline for like 2 minutes-hour...
What would be the best type of elementalist magic for my Me/E?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hm.
I already have Nightfall, so factions would be next I think.
Ill check that site sometime i suppose

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
You know what's kind annoying, when ever I go on, Bio has usually been offline for like 2 minutes-hour...
Most of the time I log on, you logged off like less than half an hour ago, and I'm like "Fuck!".  Also, I would say fast casting with nuking, or any ele skills that normally have a long cast time.  Use echo and arcane echo, and rain powerful fire spells with faster cast time.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Most of the time I log on, you logged off like less than half an hour ago, and I'm like "Fuck!".  Also, I would say fast casting with nuking, or any ele skills that normally have a long cast time.  Use echo and arcane echo, and rain powerful fire spells with faster cast time.

So, like max out Fast Casting and Fire? Because fire dishes out lots of damage...and the extra I'd probably just toss into Domination.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Bump....
I need to add a picture, but I have a level 20 monk/ranger. Really nice combo.
Got some great new elites, mainly ranger and monk, but I think I got maybe one new warrior.

Rep:
Level 86
I play some mean guild wars.  Just the nightfall campaign though.  My noob character is called Canasian Man.  Add him if you want:)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
My Monk/Ranger is NF.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
All my high level characters can go to Nightfall.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I have like five more missions in NF for Jack Rex until he beats it. xD
Jack Rex has Vabbian Boots, ran me 20K.... :P But the economy is really down, I mean really down. Rubies and Sapphires dropped 100g and black dye dropped 1K...basically everything over 4K dropped 1K I think.

Lich Lord is a giant joke, the only hard thing about him is once he hits like 2% health he heals himself fully. He does it twice I think...
EDIT: I mean, it's like...you go through Abaddon's Mouth, which is tough as hell. Then Hell's Precipice is really easy with a good team.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:09:09 PM by SeuJorgeRex »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Guild Wars was awesome till I remembered about private servers on WoW.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
lmao I am being totally un-biased as I like both games. But feature wise, and glitch wise, WoW wins, For playing it smart GW wins hands down. Bet you didnt know that GW was made by people that left Blizzard and WoW
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
lmao I am being totally un-biased as I like both games. But feature wise, and glitch wise, WoW wins, For playing it smart GW wins hands down. Bet you didnt know that GW was made by people that left Blizzard and WoW
You assume we are biased because we don't like WoW? That doesn't make sense.  You are saying guild wars has more glitches than WoW? Just how long have you been playing?  And why do you think people would leave WoW and blizzard, and then make a game that isn't better?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Bet you didnt know that GW was made by people that left Blizzard and WoW

I've known since before the game came out, but even if someone didn't...
It's pretty obvious because it's so much like Diablo and it's good at it. It's practically Diablo II's love child.  :police:

I've never experienced a glitch in GW expect one...that involved a weapon that isn't in NF or Prophecies :D

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I am breathing life into this topic, because I get pms from people who talk about it to me, so why not talk about it here still.  The guild is still running, I have a hindu guy I know in real life as an officer, and this girl from florida.  Anyone who wants to join, just send a pm to Hyde Boancrack, or put him on your friends list.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Get factions so we can make an alliance  :police:
Also, I got some sweet armor for my warrior, Elite Kurzick helm +1 Sword, Vabbian armor, Elite Templar helm +1 Hammer mastery (I could've sworn I got +1 axe mastery :P) and half a suit of Elite Gladiator. Going to finish elite gladiator then maybe buy elite kurzick.

Bio, have you beaten NF? I find the Realm of Torment to be a lot harder than RoF, I have two primaries and two missions left, so I basically gave up. It's not fun, being killed by three our four aggros of eight enemies per group. It's just not fun.  ;9
BHA is such a great build for everything, if mesmer is caster rape 1.0, BHA is caster rape 2.0.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Get factions so we can make an alliance  :police:
I can't find it anywhere just by itself, I can only find it for like $15 more than normal, with original guild wars, and I don't want original guild wars.  Fucking walmart and EB games.

Also, I got some sweet armor for my warrior, Elite Kurzick helm +1 Sword, Vabbian armor, Elite Templar helm +1 Hammer mastery (I could've sworn I got +1 axe mastery :P) and half a suit of Elite Gladiator. Going to finish elite gladiator then maybe buy elite kurzick.
The fuck do you do for money?

Bio, have you beaten NF? I find the Realm of Torment to be a lot harder than RoF, I have two primaries and two missions left, so I basically gave up. It's not fun, being killed by three our four aggros of eight enemies per group. It's just not fun.  ;9
BHA is such a great build for everything, if mesmer is caster rape 1.0, BHA is caster rape 2.0.
Not yet.  What is BHA?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I can't find it anywhere just by itself, I can only find it for like $15 more than normal, with original guild wars, and I don't want original guild wars.  Fucking walmart and EB games.

Orly? I bought it at target, I don't know if they still sell it...but maybe they stopped selling it on it's own.

The fuck do you do for money?
I saved up for a long time/farmed for a few hours every day...  :tpg:
Really, I barely play my other characters compared to my warrior, though.

Not yet.  What is BHA?

Broad head arrow, one of the greatest Ranger builds for PvP and PvE  ;8

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Bumped because NAMKCOR needs to discuss with us.

So I started a Paragon for Survivor, died probably 10% away from r1... ;_;
So I started a Rager for Survivor, knew the mistake I made with my paragon and wasn't going to make it. Died at the end of the mission before I could go to EotN. ;_;
So I'm going to delete my ranger because I only spent like 8 hours and 150G on her. But Survivor isn't something you just get the first three times you attempt it, it's frustrating and rewarding, though.

Anyway, Bio, did you get the new festival hat? I tihnk they stopped giving them away becuase Dragon Festival 08 ended...but it looks kick ass.
Also, got my 3rd year minipet yesterday, Mini Raptor goes for 45-55K, but I hear people have sold them for like 60K and 100K...I haven't decided if I want to dedicate and and cut it's value in half, or sell it for full price.

Rep:
Level 88
Ya know, I just now noticed this post. :P Guild Wars has been the only online game that has entertained me for more than a few weeks. I believe I have played it for about 15 months. However, I have restarted my characters because I didn't know about the yearly pets. :mad: If anyone wants to play with me, here is all my stuff....

Adan Rayen
Lvl 20 Ranger/Monk
I'm a Barrage/Pet ranger.
Guild Leader of "Protectors of the Final Seal" [Seal]. (Has 22 members, Half Full Guild hall, Cape, does Skirmishes and Monthly Tournaments.)<-- Not an advertisement, I swear. :tpg:
Currently working on: Trying to get guildies to actually do stuff instead on sitting on their asses. :mad: And working on Norn Track title, Cartographer, and completing Factions.
I have Prophicies, Factions, and Eye of the North.

I have other characters, but they all suck. :P

That is all.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Bumped because NAMKCOR needs to discuss with us.

So I started a Paragon for Survivor, died probably 10% away from r1... ;_;
So I started a Rager for Survivor, knew the mistake I made with my paragon and wasn't going to make it. Died at the end of the mission before I could go to EotN. ;_;
So I'm going to delete my ranger because I only spent like 8 hours and 150G on her. But Survivor isn't something you just get the first three times you attempt it, it's frustrating and rewarding, though.

Anyway, Bio, did you get the new festival hat? I tihnk they stopped giving them away becuase Dragon Festival 08 ended...but it looks kick ass.
Also, got my 3rd year minipet yesterday, Mini Raptor goes for 45-55K, but I hear people have sold them for like 60K and 100K...I haven't decided if I want to dedicate and and cut it's value in half, or sell it for full price.

That was almost a necro post, son.

I used to play Guild Wars, however I moved and this comp cant run it so :(

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
GW topic deserved a bump, though.  ;8

I used to play Guild Wars, however I moved and this comp cant run it so :(

That sucks! =( I have all sorts of cool shit I could give you if you ever start playing again. =D

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Okay, so I have a level 20 ranger, warrior, assassin, and a necro.  I'm working on getting a ritualist, paragon, and monk to level 20 also.  Warrior is running cleave build for most of the stuff I do with him, as I have droks strength shield and droks axe customized for him.  Ranger is going to be running splinter barrager as soon as I build up some money to buy new skills from the new campaigns, assassin is running SF right now, and it sucks balls, as does the running form of SF, so my assassin that I got level 20 in a week is failing hard, when I expected him to be my primary money maker.  My necro I dual farm UW 50/50 on ectos, so if you have a 55 monk, or a perma sin, give me a shout and we will farm.  I have a guild with a cape and a hall, with no members, so if any of you guys want to join, the guilds name is Eight Deaths [EIDE], and my name is Hyde Boancrack, or Slythe Onagu.  Those are the necro and warrior I use primarily now.  Also, if you join the guild, you guys would be promoted to officer instantly.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
how grindy is it?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Max level is 20, and you hit that around the end of the main questline, so not very.

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, the game mainly focuses on Skills instead of Levels. Which is something I like.

(I hit lvl 20 about halfway through the storyline :o)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
lol, I'm running prophecies right now as a Me/E
currently level 8, and am on the mission right after fort ranik

I'm probably going to do an illusion/domination build with some nuking for fun, but we'll see what I can come up with

Also: my guild just like...vanished, who thinks we should make [RMRK] ?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Me/E is a great combo for support in PvE. Super fast nuking and punishing.
[RMRK] would rock, but I wouldn't join, already bought a few things for mine...Alliance anyone?
Biohazard, did you get to House zu Heltzer in Factions? Because if you did, you can make your guild Kurzick and join mah alliance. I'd really like it if oyu did.

I'm currently in the process of playing more PvP, recruiting and possibly setting of a vent for my guild.

Rep:
Level 97
[RMRK] is the CoD4 clan, only me and Arrow though :(

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
[RMRK] is the CoD4 clan, only me and Arrow though :(
;9
How ocme Zypher isn't in it?

I'm still sticking with [OK] as my Guild Tag.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Me/E is a great combo for support in PvE. Super fast nuking and punishing.
[RMRK] would rock, but I wouldn't join, already bought a few things for mine...Alliance anyone?
Biohazard, did you get to House zu Heltzer in Factions? Because if you did, you can make your guild Kurzick and join mah alliance. I'd really like it if oyu did.

I'm currently in the process of playing more PvP, recruiting and possibly setting of a vent for my guild.

I am putting most of my attributes in Illusion and am currently abusing Conjure Phantasm and Phantom Pain like you wouldn't believe.  I also like to spam empathy and backfire a lot, and do some supplimental DD with flare and fire storm.

I like to run a control game, basically, and it works well enough for the most part

Attributes:
Fast Casting - 4
Illusion - 8
Domination - 5
Fire - 3

I have a +1 rune for domination and illusion, and a +1 illusion mask, as well as a +2 fast casting rune (-35hp)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:38:53 PM by Agito »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ill have a look then thanks :D

Rep:
Level 86
I was going to check this game out, But someone told me it was really laggy.  :mex: :bean:

Join Rm Sanctum, it's free!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I only have lag issues if I'm running mIRC and Pidgin at the same time as playing it.  And that's just cuz my connection is shit and the computer has like...512mb of ram and a sub-recommended video card

Rep:
Level 88
I run Guild Wars on Dial-Up. And except for downloading updates and stuff, I have little to no lag. Although, just like any other online game, satellite/wireless internet can be a killer with the lag. It's not insanely bad though. Guild Wars did good about anti-lag.

I'm now trying to make a decent build for general playing... Mainly cause I'm tired of using Barrage constantly. :P Any suggestions? I'm a Ranger with almost all the secondary professions. (All except Paragon and Dervish)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I play it with stuff running in the bg, as well as multiple tabs open in FF3 and I got barely any lag unless I'm torrenting, I play the game on medium-high...the only thing is it takes a while to load... =(

Illusion is great pressure/energy management

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Illusion is great pressure/energy management

yeah, I'm totally loving it

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I have the most goddamn amazing R/E pvp build.  Srsly.  I'll send it to you privately, but you have to PROMISE not to show it to anyone else, because I don't want this to get out to a majority of people.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I have the most goddamn amazing R/E pvp build.  Srsly.  I'll send it to you privately, but you have to PROMISE not to show it to anyone else, because I don't want this to get out to a majority of people.

Can I see it? I love Ranger for PvP, it's y favorite. =) BHA is the most amazing Caster Punishing build ever, Mesmer looks like crap compared to BHA.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Sure, I'll send it in a pm later.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Sure, I'll send it in a pm later.

Awesome, thanks.
Did you get to House zu Heltzer yet?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm fairly close on my Sin. Whats your name on GW?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm fairly close on my Sin. Whats your name on GW?

Jack Rex W/x 20
Mario Rex P/W 20
Lenna Stonefyre R/Mo ?
Colbertius Rex A/W ?
my mains....for now anyway, but my warrior will always be used.
PvP: Komrade Heltzer =3

Rep:
Level 85
I absolutely loved guild wars too, I just kind of overplayed it.

Guild wars had some of the best class balancing I've ever seen in a MMo.  There's pretty much a counter for anything.  It also had great a great PvP system.  Plus there was no annoying grinding for levels, you can max out very quickly with the expansion.  Most of the time in the game is spent progressing through the plot and collecting skills.

I'm hoping GW2 will live up to the original.  I played a monk, necromancer, and dervish.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I absolutely loved guild wars too, I just kind of overplayed it.

Guild wars had some of the best class balancing I've ever seen in a MMo.  There's pretty much a counter for anything.  It also had great a great PvP system.  Plus there was no annoying grinding for levels, you can max out very quickly with the expansion.  Most of the time in the game is spent progressing through the plot and collecting skills.

I'm hoping GW2 will live up to the original.  I played a monk, necromancer, and dervish.

Ditto that, man. Warrior and Monk are my hands down favorites.

I agree on GW2, they're making it too mainstream, they're removing the instances, which they should at least let you play in a private district that you can go into with party members or by your self, because I hate persistent areas...WoW was packed with idiots.
I also hope they don't remove the original Class System, it's a great system that helps remove tedious grinding...I'd be really confused if they did remove the original class system. I don't understand why they're considering adding the original core class to Gw2, they're great, I hope they don't add any sort of dumb shit classes that don't belong in Gw like Arcane Swordsman, Paladin or Templar...I could have sworn that's why we had secondary classes. >_>

Gonna edit this post to add images of my characters =)