RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Guard Other

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Places Searched:
RMRK.net
hbgames.org
RPGRevolution.com
Google.com

Searched for:
Guard other
Shield other
Protect other
Absorb Damage

Purpose of the Script:

Basically have a skill that allows you to absorb damage for another character during that turn.  For instance, you have a tank, and also a have a low hp low def caster.  You are fighting some monsters who are immune to physical damage, so your tank's purpose now should be to shield damage away from the caster in order to allow the caster to keep casting away at the enemies while the tank takes the hits.

Basic Funtion of the Script:

There would be maybe like a skill (or an array of skills) that you can specify in the script as being the guard or shield other , whatever you wanna call it.  You would then have the choice on who you want to shield, (if possible I'd like the shield to occur at the beginning of the battle turn before anything else aka not based on speed).  Then the character would absorb the damage whenever someone attacked the other character (unless it was an attack all spell, in that case everyone gets damaged).  If you wanted to go above and beyond the call of duty (talking to the scripters) you could even specify attacks that the enemy can do in order to bypass the shielding.  Heck, even allow enemies to possess this skill.  But right now for the purposes of my game I only need the basic functionality of having one of your characters shield your ally.

Thank you!