RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
PS3 Broke a disc

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Broke her first one today.

Wonder if it will happen again.

Used PS3 Slim, just a week and a day after 30 days, bought from GameStop so I'm fucked if it keeps doing it.

Friends MW2, will cry if it happens to a $60 game.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Used PS3 Slim, just a week and a day after 30 days, bought from GameStop so I'm fucked if it keeps doing it.

Does your country not have some sort of consumer's guarantee act?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...

Does your country not have some sort of consumer's guarantee act?
America here.

And as far as I've read, if the PS3 keeps breaking disc like this, Sony will not replace it, GameStop wont since I opted out of their optional warranty.

The only option I see now is to buy the extra year warranty plan on PSN, although I don't know if that covers used systems... sigh, this is exactly why I sold my Xbox...

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
the PS3 broke MW2 because it is a shitty game. even the PS3 can tell that.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
the PS3 broke MW2 because it is a shitty game. even the PS3 can tell that.
:lol:

That's funny you say that, because every time I search this on Google, every single link is about theirs breaking a CoD of some kind.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Broke how? Like literally shattered, chipped, cracked, disintegrated?

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Most of the time when people say a game broke, they mean cracked.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
you know what they say about assumptions and what they make of people

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Most of the time when people say a game broke, they mean cracked.
That's exactly what happened. I'll walk down to the store and get some batteries so I can grab some pictures.

However, I'm starting to wonder if it was my PS3 or the case. A lot of these searches have brought up case related cracks and they look exactly the same, same length and everything. So maybe MW2 just had a cruddy case.

you know what they say about assumptions and what they make of people
:C

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I have the same problem with a few of my games. is there a way to fix a craked game?

Rep:
Level 83
I have the same problem with a few of my games. is there a way to fix a craked game?
What is a craked game? Is that where you rake crap on top of a game?
But seriously, there isn't a way to fix it that I have found.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
One time I stepped on my old copy of MGS1 and cracked it. ;-; i tripped and of course that was the only game in the disc case that broke.

But now I have the MGS essential collection :D

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
One time I stepped on my old copy of MGS1 and cracked it. ;-; i tripped and of course that was the only game in the disc case that broke.

But now I have the MGS essential collection :D
Dude I got that at Wal-Mart for 20 bucks.

Best 20 dollars I've ever spent (even though I beaten all 3 already).

Fav Metal Gear game? Mine would have to beeeeee...

Spoiler for:
Ghost Babel

Or Metal Gear Online. Too many BRs play it tho.