RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Age (rated M for Mature)

Rep:
Level 83
All that you know is at an end...
I just started the game with a rogue, beat the dalish elf starting zone, the game is amazing so far.

Awesome. I'd show my mage, but I have it for xbox360.

I was reading about the 360 version, they made it a lot tougher on mages in particular, what with all the additional pausing due to restricted hotkey slots, and they completely removed friendly fire which is part of the challenge of a class full of AoE.

Actually, you can change the difficulty, which affects friendly fire. I have it on the hardest setting, so I have full on friendly fire. And it's really not as bad as people say, not having hotkeys.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
except the constant pausing, complete lack of aerial view, and wasn't the tactics menu gutted?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Spoiler for Stats:

Rep:
Level 83
All that you know is at an end...
except the constant pausing, complete lack of aerial view, and wasn't the tactics menu gutted?

The pausing is not bad bad. It's similar to Bioshock's weapon/plasmid selection. And yes, the tactics menu is still in place.

I will say this, the layout for the PC version is infinitely better than the xbox version.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
@Sword - oh that high dragon is so friggin' dumb on Nightmare. I spent more time running out of his range than I did shooting stuff at him. 

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
@Sword - oh that high dragon is so friggin' dumb on Nightmare. I spent more time running out of his range than I did shooting stuff at him. 
I'm playing on hard. And now I'm wearing that bitches scales for armor >:D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it's sweet - I wore it until the archdemon. if I knew how to recover my screenshots I'd show you.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
what do you give to Shen to increase his approval rating?

It's like if I do anything other than fighting Darkspawn, even if it's part of my main objective lines he disapproves, and I don't want him to leave the party :(

Rep:
Level 97
he likes paintings

So things like the water-stained portrait in the circle tower and stuff

But I never use Sten

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I've found him pretty useful.

I'm at Redcliff right now fighting the undead horde, so it's like "well shit Sten you wanted to atone, so shut up and help me kill this shit"

Rep:
Level 97
"well shit Sten you wanted to atone, so shut up and help me kill this shit"
Sten approves +10

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
"well shit Sten you wanted to atone, so shut up and help me kill this shit"
Sten approves +10
I so want to be able to tell him that.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Not very fond of the controls but holyshit I love the characters and all the dialogue. It's like I'm playing a role-playing game for once :) Playing on easy because the game is hard for me ._.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Not very fond of the controls but holyshit I love the characters and all the dialogue. It's like I'm playing a role-playing game for once :) Playing on easy because the game is hard for me ._.

what platform are you playing it on?
what controls have you weird?

Rep:
Level 97
If you like the roleplaying elements of it, you'd probably like a lot of other bioware games like Jade Empire and Baldur's Gate - they are all similar in the scope of choices. I think they're actually a lot better for roleplaying than the Elder Scrolls or Fable series primarily because it gives you real characters who your decisions affect. Nobody makes decisions in a vacuum - we make them with regard to the other people in our lives and what they think. I love this game sooo much :)

KotOR's awesome too, though it isn't party based.

I heard this was an awesome game. Any play it yet?

Rep:
Level 97
Anyone read any of the other posts in this thread yet?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
If you like the roleplaying elements of it, you'd probably like a lot of other bioware games like Jade Empire and Baldur's Gate - they are all similar in the scope of choices. I think they're actually a lot better for roleplaying than the Elder Scrolls or Fable series primarily because it gives you real characters who your decisions affect. Nobody makes decisions in a vacuum - we make them with regard to the other people in our lives and what they think. I love this game sooo much :)

KotOR's awesome too, though it isn't party based.

I agree entirely, Dragon Age is everything about this type of RPG that I like, all in one game :)

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Something I noticed about Bioware's games is that they're incredibly difficult.

Not because they're challenging, but because half the time I feel like my character isn't doing what I tell him to, and it's difficult because I'm desperately trying to get around some horribly designed UI or deal with retarded AI, or there's some specific way I'm supposed to play the game that I haven't figured out yet.

Kind of like Mass Effect. Mass Effect was impossible for me, until I figured out that I was SUPPOSED to take 54 minutes for each individual battle and hide behind cover 98% of the time. Here I was trying to ENJOY the game. My mistake, Bioware.

I hate this game right now. I hate it even more because my character never gets and XP because the other 3 manly, buff, over-leved players in my party ALWAYS take the last hit. But MY character misses 90% of the time, and when he does hit, it does like 5 damage.

Fuck.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
You get the exp no matter what though; you don't need to get the last hit.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Personally, I find Bioware's shooter games to be pretty easy. Mass Effect and KOTOR weren't too difficult, but I have to agree that their fantasy games are very hard. Even Baldur's Gate was tough unless you did almost every quest. However, I love the fantasy, and only like the shooters. The interface in Mass Effect was horrible. I haven't played the sequel, but I'm not very interested in it unless the controls have been optimized.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
NWN is among my favorite PC RPGs, but I love/hate Mass Effect. The game was insanely easy, even on the harder levels. You party was SO FUCKING STUPID, and I honestly didn't care about them whatsoever. The only reason I ever revived them was so that they could continue to act as a bullet shield.
The choices were less fun and more "meh" after a while, and putting points into either charm or intimidate seemed useless because every option had the same outcome, just slightly different. The interface was awful. Really, really awful.
It was enjoyable, and I really wanted to get ME2 but then I read all of the changes they had made and decided that it probably wouldn't be all that fun to me.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'm done. I'm only about 2 hours into the game, though I've been playing it or about 6 hours.
I'm not playing this game any more. It's not fun. It's like chewing on tin foil.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:24:27 PM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile: